Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,795 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work if you can embrace the culture and work with others.

Manager (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome of the smartest and passionate people you will meet. When Amazon talks about putting the customer first, it is not just talk. The entire focus of every team is figuring out how to serve their immediate customers better which in turn can be very exciting. The influence that a single person can have is great as high performers are able to take control of their career and do what they wish with it.

ConsSome of the Microsoft-esque HR policies are infuriating. Pay is highly dependent on job family, which is silly when they encourage individuals to have an impact, regardless of job title/family.

The pay is not always going to be market level, especially if the stock is not doing well.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the job family guidelines for top performers.

Fast-paced, never a dull moment!

Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee)
Spartanburg, SC (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: fast-paced, competitive pay, great employees, fun co-workers Cons: lack of work/life balance, lack of communication from management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

liked the people and culture

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros: colleagues are smart, driven, and very efficient. Cons: can't really think of anything Advice to Senior Management: no comment – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.