Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,795 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Take Google's engineering scale, mix Apple's customer satisfaction focus, and you get Amazon

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

ProsFor an engineer, not excited about the roller-coaster ride in a start-up, it cannot get any better than Amazon. You will get to work of technologies that need to scale to cater million if customer, and hundreds of million requests made by these customers. With AWS as backbone, and working with tons of in-house and open source technologies, you will gain invaluable experience, which ensure both technical and financial growth. The companies motto of being frugal and passing the saving to the customer will ensure you always come up with the right engineering solution to problem.

ConsGood pay, but not a lot of extra perks. Limited financial growth at the company, but it prepares you for good financial growth outside the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest a bit more in employees

Not a great place to work as Full-time perm

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

Pros: lots of money and good benefits Cons: no time to live your life. The hours will kill any family life you want. They hire you and you have a brief honeymoon period… Advice to Senior Management: get rid of the CEO More

gud

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

Pros: gud salary has a better work culture than any other… Cons: nothing much bad to say about it Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.