Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,812 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

If you are relentlessly driven, you will succeed.

Process Assistant (Current Employee)
Whitestown, IN (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay is competitive. The insurance is very good. You are given a significant amount of responsibility in order to develop.

ConsYou are required to work at least 1 weekend day every week. Compensation is based on the time you have worked for the company, not performance. Responsibility and expectations at the management level can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet around the facility more often. Meet the people in the departments and give more real time quality feedback. Actionable feedback allows for more effective shifts.

Lot of technology to learn

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good peer level, technology and work. Cons: Not great work-life balance. Need better training to new employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Pure misery - much worse being an associate at a law firm

Corporate Counsel (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very competitive salary for Seattle market Cons: - Workload and work/life balance (was even worse than being at a big law firm) - Inadequate training - Uninteresting work (get ready to spend your days… Advice to Senior Management: If they have any interest in retaining talent, they should try to improve training and support, improve work/life balance, streamline the endless cycle of goal-setting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.