Computer Futures Solutions

www.computerfutures.com

NEVER AGAIN!

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant  in  Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Pros

* Great office location
* Office is in a nice building
* Young team
* Job where you do not have to think

Cons

Where should I start? I worked at CF for 3 months. I got lured into the "glamour"and good pay of their aggresive recruitment campaign and was too naive to see the truth beihind their lies. It was clear to me after about 3 weeks that this is not a company I want to work. The work environment is not good, the work you are doing is boring, repetitous and downright degrading and not respected by the business world. In addittion to this, the management is extremly unprofessional.
I have resigned about 2 months ago and am now working in a "normal" company which ich like heaven compared to CF.

Work at CF starts at 08:30. You will be considered lazy if you are not there by 8:00, and do not considere coming even one minute past 8:30- ever. It is not accepted and you will get "punished"' by your manager meaning that you will cover the phones during lunchtime.
At 8:30 a team meeting takes place, where you present you day plan and it is painstakenly discussed what you do that day- by the minute. This is pretty funny considering you more or less do the same thing everyday. During this meeting your personal KPI (Key performance Indicatiors) will be set. Several times a day (and if your unlucky several times an hour) you will checked if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing and if you will reach your target. This is usually acompanied by rude language.

From around 9:00 till 13:00 the first part of the day starts. This is 99 out of 100 times canvass calling- it is expected that you are on the phone for at least 90 minutes and this ofcourse is also checked. Calls will be either cold or existing clients from the database. This is usually rather depressing work most people you call do not want to be called by you and do not respect you.(which I can understand, as we sometimes end up calling them several times a week)

at 13:00 til 14:00 you have a lunch break. This is totally inflexible so you better be hungry at 13:00, because this is also the only break you will have during the day. No other breaks are allowed- if you are lucky you can get a glass of water or go to the toilet- but make sure you keep it under 3 minutes !

at 14:00 sharp- and dont be one minute late! the afternoon "'shift" begins, which usually deals with the recruitment side of the job- interviewing people, searching for profiles etc. In the afternoon you also have to do your daily "mailshot" which is basically another word for spam. Aim is to send CVs out to as many managers as possible. In this company you are activly encouraged to spam your clients. ( ofcourse they dont see it as spaming, but the rest of the world does, including the annoyed clients).
Ofcourse you need something to spam your poor clients with- these are typically CVs of people who do not know that their CV is being send around the country, and sometimes even CVs of people who have explicitly told us they do not want cf to send out their cv to anyone. This is ignored. Ofcourse all names are removed from the CV - and then their are ruthlessly send around the country.

Work officially end at 17:30, but dont EVER think you will be able to leave the office at that time - if you leave before 19:00, you will get strange looks.( ok to be fair exept on fridays, there they allow you to leave at 17:30 every now and then)

There are a lot of other things I do not like about this company, I think I could write a book about it. One last thing I wanted to share with you, is that computer futures is part of a holding called sthree. Sthree has a lot of recruitment brands including Huxly associates, JP gray, progressive, real resources, orgtel and others, and they all operate the same way. If you are ever approached by one of these companies beware!!!

1.Give your employees more freedom - be more flexible when it comes to working hours
2. One of the companies values is respect. Respect is in my opinion not seen anywhere in the company. Use of swearwords is totally normal- this has to be changed.

Other reviews for Computer Futures Solutions

A True Meritocracy

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

If you enjoy an environment where you are directly rewarded for your hard work this is the place for you. You will be rewarded with things like commission, vacation incentives, lunch clubs, sports tickets, etc. There is a structured growth plan as well that you can smash through as quickly as you hit the targets. This company does not promote based on longevity, it promotes based on hitting the targets set for you.

I love how transparent this company is on exactly what you need to do to promote up to the next level or to earn a lot of money. There is tremendous opportunity here at Computer Futures (especially in the US since we are growing so fast) and I highly recommend you take advantage of it!

Cons

If you are looking for a company where you can just slide by, this is not the place for you. It is a work hard, play hard environment. There is a good balance between the 2 because of the constant banter going on in the office but we are always working hard.

Keep it up! We love the energy and enthusiasm.

Awesome team, fun environment, unmatched career trajectory

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Computer Futures shares the office with the other brands (Huxley, Real) of our parent company so there's about 60 people in the office in total. It's a young, fun, intelligent team. I've been at firms where people dreaded coming to work, hated their boss, etc...I never hear it here. It's a great environment. There's a ton of energy. A lot of people are friends outside of the office, go out together on the weekends, etc. They flew the entire company to Vegas for the end of the year party- going again next year. Other incentives can be anything from free lunch for the week to flying to Miami for a crazy party. A huge advantage of being part of a new brand stateside within a larger company is the resources they're willing to invest to grow the business. Need to go to a conference to get your name out? Fly to visit a client? Done. Because the brand is new, there's a ton of opportunity to advance quickly. I doubt there's another staffing firm that can offer the same career trajectory. Salary-wise, there's a solid base, and a great commission structure. From what I've seen, top performers hit six figures in their first year or two. The company invests heavily in training, and the management is awesome- a ton of great people here to learn from who have sat in your seat and are happy and excited to help you grow professionally. I love that there's no ceiling here in terms of growth potential and career trajectory.

Cons

This isn't a con, but people looking to sit back and coast wouldn't do well here. The goals of the business and the people here are aggressive, so there's no room for half-assing it, which I love. People work hard here. They're rewarded for the hard work for sure, but if you're the type that leaves at 5 on the dot, look elsewhere.

Keep it up:)

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Futures Solutions.

Worked for Computer Futures Solutions? Contribute to the Community!