MasterCard
www.mastercard.com Purchase, NY 5000+ Employees

My MasterCard Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Purchase, NY (US)

I worked at MasterCard

ProsOne of the reasons I enjoyed working for MasterCard was the camaraderie between my colleagues and the way the departments were able to interact with each other. I also felt comfortable with knowing that if I needed to talk to Management about something, that the door was always open. I liked that they had plenty of resources available to increase your knowledge base, and they encouraged self improvement as well as career development. Management was quite flexible with time off and I saw in most cases they were willing to work with you if you needed something, be it advice, assistance, whatever.

ConsThe only real downside about working at MasterCard was that there seemed to be frequent reorganizations. It makes for tense management, in my opinion. Some other downsides were the political aspect of working in certain departments, but you will find that in any office. As with any and everything else, it all starts with the people.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a plan and stick to it.

OK -- good place to work for a while

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MasterCard

Pros: Good benefits, comfortable workplace, nice people Cons: In the suburbs, your fate is completely reliant on your manager and there are some truly… Advice to Senior Management: Get a better handle on some of the veteran MC management and start cleaning shop; you have a… More

Recommended

Senior Business Leader (Former Employee)
Purchase, NY (US)

I worked at MasterCard

Pros: Great work/life balance. Great commute for anyone living in Westchester. Cons: Old management needs to change. Still hanging on to old… Advice to Senior Management: You need to leverage in-house company talent better. Understand who has what experience and don't simply look… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MasterCard.

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MasterCard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MasterCard CEO Ajay Banga. All reviews posted anonymously by MasterCard employees.