Reed Elsevier Group
www.reedelsevier.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Stable, large company regarded well for its content and expertise in healthcare informatics.

Director (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsReliable, stable. Better than average benefits (health, etc.). Some opportunities for advancement. Professional, positive overall culture. Welcoming of thinkers, planners and problem-solvers.

ConsRather bureaucratic and prone to red tape. Too focused on communication via e-mail and meetings, less on actual actions and executions. Executive management very disconnected from business units under them, and more administrative and operational than able to harness strengths and able to get better depth for better results.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek out advice from middle management and actual employees that do actual work. Clear red tape. Do away with 'design by committee' mentality. Implement small, focused teams with power (funds, resources) to innovate and build on ideas.

Good

Director (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great place to work - Good talent and management -… Cons: Business Environment is tough, salary growth is slow Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not good, not bad.

Technical Support (Former Employee)
Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: HMO, 24 leaves in a year Cons: Leaves not convertible to cash, no allowances. Advice to Senior Management: Allowance, leaves must be convertible to cash. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Reed Elsevier Group.

Worked for Reed Elsevier Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reed Elsevier Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reed Elsevier Group CEO Erik Engstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Reed Elsevier Group employees.