TASC

Toxic Leadership and Minimal Opportunity

N/A (Current Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNot a bad place for an entry-level position, or to get your foot in the door right out of college. *Some* managers have been very helpful in allowing me to modify my schedule to reflect other commitments.

ConsIf you start at this company at an entry-level position, that's probably where you'll be when you leave. Low-level employees have no clear path for advancement, just "sideways promotions" where they get shuffled around various contracts until they leave. This policy strongly de-incentivizes any kind of personal initiative on the part of employees.

With a very few exceptions, the low-level managers in this company spend most of their time engaged in CYA garbage, to the detriment of their direct employees, while mid- and upper-level managers are concerned exclusively with playing corporate games and are rarely seen.

No effort is expended on culturing or retaining in-house talent; employees are regarded as interchangeable essentially expendable. This, again, highlights a minimum of internal advancement. What employee resources there are (HR, benefits, etc) seem to be under constant re-organization and as such are not terribly helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide whether or not you want TASC to actually have an identity as a company. If not, keep doing things the same way.

There are better than TASC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TASC full-time

Pros: Not many that I can think of for this. Cons: When I was on active duty, looking to come back to TASC, they did not seem to care very much about providing me a position.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Once a Premier Company - Now just a beltway bandit

Engineer VI (Former Employee)
Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good reputation, still some sole source, very long term contracts,… Cons: Growth, growth, growth is most important, just like all the other beltway bandits. TASC used to pride itself on NOT being a bandit and having… Advice to Senior Management: You have destroyed the TASC culture where people were #1 and exceptional performance the norm! Now growth is everything!! I was once SO PROUD to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TASC.

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!

TASC – Why Work for Us?

For nearly 50 years, TASC has worked on the front lines with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. Our nearly 5,000 professionals provide the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TASC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TASC CEO John Hynes. All reviews posted anonymously by TASC employees.