4mation Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at 4mation Technologies

2.5

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies (Sydney) in July 2019.

Interview

1) Initial phone screen
    Just your standard phone screen really - make sure you're not mental. Throw in a slight technical question to make sure you know what a computer is, etc.

2) Face to face non-tech interview.
    Typical face to face with your standard questions - think of a time you screwed up, how did you overcome it, etc.

3) Technical test.
    Done through hackerrank as hacker style programming challenge. Maybe mid range difficulty if you've done those sorts of things before. You need to have good logic and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to understand a problem.

4) Technical interview.
    I got stumped on a lot of questions, but apparently that can vary at the moment, depending on who is interviewing.

Pretty standard interview process really. Everyone I met throughout that process seemed great.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies (Sydney) in July 2019.

Interview

Started with an initial phone interview, then face to face interview. The time was flexible for me as I work full time and the interview was an in-depth two-way conversation about my past/current experiences and the company.

Talent and EVP Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies (Sydney) in July 2019.

Interview

After a relatively straightforward phone conversation, I was asked to attend an interview with them that day- The interview process was well set up- I didnt feel like there were any questions that i couldnt answer, or that werent relative to the role i was interviewing for, and the presentation pre-empted a lot of the questions i had early on, so i could focus on the interview itself.

After the initial interview completed, Dane grabbed our CEO for a second interview on the spot, and after a couple of reference checks i had a contract to start the day after- Overall a painless process, particularly when you compare it to the hoops some companies make you jump through.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioural interview questions mainly- Some technical questions pertaining to the role- Nothing of value to share on this platform.   1 Answer

People and Culture Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies (Sydney) in June 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by face to face with Founder followed by face to face with CEO. Was a pretty cruisy and flowy conversation but when it came to question time, I asked some questions about the Glassdoor reviews and that I had heard negative experiences from former employees and although I got answers, my interviewer seemed very tense and uneasy. Chats ended well, including a tour of the office but no call back which I thought wasn't good form (especially as the employer brand is already not the best).

I hope that they find a great person who can make 4mation an awesome place in terms of the culture as well as the employer brand. I would recommend as advice tightening up the recruitment process if for no reason other than creating great candidate experiences can have huge benefits for the business. Good luck and I look forward to seeing great things :)

Interview Questions

• Questions around my demonstrated experience, passion/why I do what I do, education, interests and hobbies, why I left previous roles.   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies (Sydney) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager asking some past experiences. After that I got an online test sent to my email. The test was consisted of three coding questions. Two of them were pretty easy and the other one needed the use of heap data structures. Anyway, the online test was not difficult for me. After that the hiring manager told me via telephone that I did a good job for the online test and their technical lead would give me a call. However, I performed bad in the phone interview with the technical lead. Since I had just arrived in Sydney and had some problems with my oral English. They told me that they need their employee to communicate with clients which means English is vital for this job. So I failed the interview

Interview Questions

• How I train junior engineers in my last job?   1 Answer

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies (Sydney).

Interview

5 min phone interview with HR/Talent Acquisition, 1 hr onsite Interview with UX Lead and supporting UX designer then proceeded to a take-home design challenge (4 hrs).

After following multiple times with HR, I received no response or ANY feedback for my design challenge. Even if I wasn't even successful, it would be nice to get some feedback or even a response to say yes/no. There was no response from the recruiter which is plain rude considering how far I'd come in the process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies (Sydney) in June 2018.

Interview

Screening Phone call, then 1:1 skype call with prospective manager, then 2 follow up interviews with two other team members each time in total was interviewed by 5 people

Interview Questions

• Wanted to hear about prior problem solving experience related to role   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies (Sydney) in July 2017.

Interview

This was a unique and very bizarre method of interviewing candidates.
    I got a quick 2 minute conversation on the phone and was offered to come in to a group interview.
    It was in their office at Surry Hills at 5pm on a weekday, a strange choice of time.
    I arrived with approximately 8 other people for the PM role and 1 other person for a different role. Half the people there had no idea it was a group interview, and I could tell none of them had read the glassdoor reviews as none of them expected a 3 minute speech to be asked of them later on.

Started with a quick introduction to some members of the 4Mation team. It was super awkward, basically they got us walking around and forcing small talk with a few members of the team for 5-10 minutes.

Then we did a quick walk through tour of the office which was pretty sweet, I must say I really liked their office environment. During the walk-through I noticed that all the staff were still working and this was around 5:15pm, a nearly full office. I also noticed every single person there was Caucasian aside from the Asian guy who runs the place, it was then that I also noticed that everyone that was being interviewed was Asian. Perhaps they are deciding to do a bit of diversity hiring? Might be a coincidence.

After the run through we are sat down to hear a speech about 4Mation from a guy who owns the company, and this is where we are first told that we have a 3 minute speech to give after his presentation is done.

The questions were:
    1) Who are you, and what can you bring to the 4Mation team?
    2) Why do you want to work at 4Mation?
    3) (Optional) What is a project that you are most proud of?

I enjoyed the speech because public speaking is something I am very good at, whilst every other candidate that was giving a speech was a nervous wreck. People fidgeting out of nerves, not speaking loud enough, not answering the question etc. You could see a lot of the candidates were stressed about this.

The guys that are marking let the group know: "Don't worry if you don't do so well, we are not marking you on your presentation" - it's total nonsense, they are marking on your ability to present and speak 100%. If you are applying for a PM role, you should be able to speak comfortably.

That was the end of the group session, and I was followed up with the next day via phone call and was asked if I could do a small project for the company as part of the Round 2 interview process. Each candidate is given 48hrs after receiving E-mail instructions regarding the project task. It was Friday afternoon and I was asked to do it over the weekend if possible, which I had no issue with doing.

The project was:
    "Project Managers at 4mation wear a few different hats. One of the hats they wear is that of a Business Analyst, constantly working with clients to identify problems and inefficiencies in order to provide recommendations and solutions.
    This assessment is designed to gain an understanding of the business analysis skills and ideas that our Project Manager candidates can generate in order to enhance a website.

We would like you to review this (****WEBSITE*****) and provide three ideas for feature
    improvements. There are no restrictions on budget or time for execution of the ideas, so be creative!
    Remember that each idea needs to benefit the end customer or the company - preferably both!

FORMAT: 4Mation works exclusively in JIRA and Confluence, however any content that can be read is acceptable

Must have: Feature name, exec summary, benefits
    Should have: User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Dependencies, Assumptions"

I am not an Agile Project Manager, so I'm not sure why I even got into the interview stage when I made it clear that I have only done a few years of waterfall based projects.
    This was the first time I've done project documentation with user stories, epics and features etc. so it's no surprise I didn't advance beyond this stage in the interview process.

Rob and Co. were really nice guys, even if the interview format was bizarre. It looked like a great place to work!

Interview Questions

• 1) Who are you, and what can you bring to the 4Mation team?
      2) Why do you want to work at 4Mation?
      3) (Optional) What is a project that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies (Sydney) in June 2017.

Interview

An initial email from the someone high in the echelons of the Recruitment Department was followed by unscheduled phone calls from the same person.

When we finally got talking over the phone it was obvious the interviewer was reading off a script, asking inane questions and knew little about Scrum or Agile.

Next when I queried him about the nature of the role, the interviewer got defensive and in an attempt to intimidate me, reeled out a torrent of irrelevant statistics about the Agile prowess of the team or rather the lack of it. He even prevaricated when questioned about why the previous person had left the role.
    It was then apparent to me that transparency and honesty are not one of 4mation's values.
    The interview was then abruptly terminated when the interviewer ridiculously stated that there were candidates more closely suited to the role.

It then became obvious that 4mation didn't tolerate questions and was looking for someone with a below average IQ.

Beware! 4mation's interview process is highly immature which speaks volumes about its culture.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 4mation Technologies.

Interview

Was invited as a shortlisted candidate for a phone interview. The HR recruiter left a voicemail and email. I returned the call and email the day after and haven't heard back from the company. Later I tried to call him directly on his mobile and left another voicemail. I sent a final email asking if the position had been filled and I didn't receive a reply.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.