Academy Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Academy Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated 11 May 2018

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I think they were hiring more off of personality than anything else. They understood interns don't have experience and were willing to provide it

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation with coworkers.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Draper, UT (US)).

Interview

They actually lied about the position saying it was for a systems administrator.

In reality I was going to replace a desktop admin, who was moving into the systems administrator position.

In reality what they wanted was a desktop admin with airwatch experience, that way they got free training with out having to pay airwatch for it.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Greenbelt, MD (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

2-step process. First interview with potential immediate supervisor/manager. Second interview with District Manager. Pretty straightforward process, 1-on-1 interaction with standard interview questions. Each interview session lasted no more than 60 minutes.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then a second phone interview from the local manager. Ultimately if you screen well you will get a face-to-face interview. Basic questions on phone interview. Overall, typical mortgage processing questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your highest pipeline volume? What types of loans have your processed? Why are you looking for a new position?   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Closer Interview

Interview

Was very smooth and easy. I had the interview over the phone and it was still very comfortable and made me feel like part of the Academy Team right away

Interview Questions

• What is your 5 year outlook   1 Answer

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tremonton, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Tremonton, UT (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

My current office manager met me outside of the work environment in a service oriented role. She explained to me, after working alongside each other for about 1 year, that she thought I had the skills and character of a good loan officer. Being new to the idea I thought on it for some time and then afterward approached her for the job. She has gone out of her way to invest time and effort in my training ever since and it has been a wonderful opportunity for me and my family.

Interview Questions

• This job requires networking and marketing yourself. What is an example of you achieving a marketing goal?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth! Very understanding people, I was on vacation while interviewing and my boss was completely understanding of not great circumstances. Everyone was very honest, had all the answers to my questions and were very transparent.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Rolling Meadows, IL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward, and very pain-less. I knew my current manager at Academy from a previous employer. My previous employer eliminated the center we were employed. When that happened, I net-worked with various people, and found Academy was hiring. When learning the hiring manager is strong acquaintance, I called him up and went from there.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current job/position?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tremonton, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Tremonton, UT (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Was approached by a loan officer that I knew personally about the job. Went in for an interview with one of the branch managers, then she asked me back for another one with the other branch manager the next week. Super friendly and kind, just wanted to get to know me and how I would benefit them.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a career?   1 Answer

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Saint George, UT (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I first heard about Academy Mortgage in August through an employee that worked there. After talking with this employee, I found out they were hiring for a Loan Officer Assistant position and I knew I wanted to take it. After being referred by this employee to the Branch Manager I was invited to take a tour around the building and meet some of the employees to get the feel of what it would be like to work there. This tour was the first time I was able to meet the Branch Manager and set up a time to interview with him another day. When I came back for the interview, I was asked questions about my life and where I see it going, how I thought working at Academy Mortgage would benefit my life, and what qualities I had that would benefit the team I would work with. A couple days after the interview I was called and emailed letting me know I had a high chance of getting the job. In this same email I was asked to provide my photo ID, resume, and to fill out the Academy Mortgage paperwork for a background check and desired pay. Once they reviewed this and made sure I was eligible to work there they informed me I had got the job and would be starting the first of September.

Interview Questions

• When I was interviewed I was asked, "Why do you want to work at Academy Mortgage?"   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.