Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated 23 May 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Two steps to the interview. One was to meet with the GM of the store and discuss expectations and so forth and the other part was to meet with ANOTHER GM of a different store for him to assess you. A bit tedious if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• If I was having an issue with my car how would you help me diagnose it   1 Answer

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA (US)

Interview

Panel interview with team leaders of the department in a conference room. Each team leader asked a series of questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers are very serious during the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a negative experience in your life and how it affected you   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Applications are submitted via the internet. Manager scrolls through very long list and chooses his preferences. Candidates are called in for interview with general manager and district manager. They are asked a series of questions and then onto the next potential hire.

Interview Questions

• The basics: what are you strengths/weakness', customers service questions, auto parts knowledge questions, some ethical questions.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Morgantown, KY (US)).

Interview

SAT with GM and talked about my role in a other franchise operation. We talked about the wide range get of retail sales and operations to see that I had a good working knowledge of procedural aspects as well as customer service and our go to exceed the competition in customer satisfaction

Interview Questions

• Why I thought that I would be a good candidate for the position   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made an offer and I ould have liked to have been able to negotiate on hours and pay. Over all the experience was exciting f.

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the DM. I had previous experience so he didn't ask me any automotive questions. His main concern was whether or not I was ASE test ready, which I was.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time when you had to tell a customer "no?"   Answer Question

DIY SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

One on one, asked about general car knowledge. Began with identifying the various parts of a car (engine, radiator, brakes, calipers, fuel rail, etc.) then got progressively harder leading to questions on fuel injection, timing, suspension (camber and toe). I was then asked what kind of car I recently worked on.

Interview Questions

• What are the components of an A/C system?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Panel INTERVIEW WITH RVP, HR, LP and DM'S. Role played on possible issues, opportunity and training. Answered questions about the resume and spoke about company future. Asked about relocation and career goals. RVP had been with the company twenty five years so his background was very interesting

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The store manager asked some basic automotive questions. Ex; how an engine works, describe the brake system. It all went well and i recieved a job offer on the spot. The manager explained the pay and benefits. We negotiated my pay which was slightly higher than other sales associates currently employed.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (La Vergne, TN (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter with follow ups with HR and GM. Recruiter and HR were easy to talk to. GM came off as pompous and seemed to be looking for specific answers to behavioral questions.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

There was a couple phone interviews, then an interview in a store with two District managers, the process took about two months wich was the first red flag, i interviewed well, but the hiring District manager decided to go on vacation in the middle of my hiring process , then i recieved an offer letter in the mail with a congratulations, a packet about bonuses and benefits wich all weren't very good, and a follow up phone call,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate,

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.