Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2017

2.3

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Gainesville, FL (US)).

Interview

I interviewed with the Commercial Sales Manager for the territory and a Commercial Account Manager during the first step. Next I rode with the CAM to see if it was something I would like to do. I then had another interview I had to travel for with the CSM, RPP and DM for the area.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Salina, KS (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Was asked a series of questions by a supervisor. Then toured the facility, and was given an in-depth explanation of how things worked there. Returned to the briefing room for another series of questions. The interview ended shortly afterward.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation at a previous job where your experience and skills helped the end to be positive?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

The interview process was brief. I spoke with the store manager about my qualifications for the positions and why I wanted to work there. We also discussed my availability to work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Very cut and dry, interview with the GM of the store and more often then not if you get an interview than you'll get the job. Very easy job to get

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

quick and easy. asked knowledge about car parts and availability. also asked if i can drive and how my license situation was. asked about mechanical and visual parts in a car and about products they sell/

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2017.

Interview

This company is an absolute joke. First of all, they do not use emails. After submitting my resume, HR called me a few times (each time I was in meetings). I called back, but they never picked up. Nobody ever followed up with emails.

Second, they will never follow up with you after the first interview. I waited for 3 weeks, nobody ever contacted me. I found the number to the HR person (mind you, nobody ever gave me email address or any form of communication). I called and asked whether there were any follow ups. HR didn't know on the spot, but a couple of days later said that they would like to do a second interview with the entire team (via video conference).

Third, you waste so much time but they don't even fart to give you any feedback. They ask you to complete a pretty time consuming assignment. They ask you to show up on a video but they don't show up on a video. Now, it's been 6 weeks since the last interview. Guess what? No communication from them whatsoever.

I warn everyone to avoid this company as much as you can. Don't waste your time preparing because it's not valued and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to complete an assignment. Otherwise, marketing specific questions.   Answer Question

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Lakeland, FL (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was good everything was said in the interview use to our knowledge so on the day I was hired they put me in training to learn how to operate the machine and the scanner but other than that I caught on to things very easy

Interview Questions

• Do I know how to operate an forklift   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very short. Asked me if I had a clean driving record. There was a DMV check 3 years. There was no drug screen. I got an answer back the same day!!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Two steps to the interview. One was to meet with the GM of the store and discuss expectations and so forth and the other part was to meet with ANOTHER GM of a different store for him to assess you. A bit tedious if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• If I was having an issue with my car how would you help me diagnose it   2 Answers

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA (US)

Interview

Panel interview with team leaders of the department in a conference room. Each team leader asked a series of questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers are very serious during the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a negative experience in your life and how it affected you   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.