Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated 4 Feb 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Applications are submitted via the internet. Manager scrolls through very long list and chooses his preferences. Candidates are called in for interview with general manager and district manager. They are asked a series of questions and then onto the next potential hire.

Interview Questions

• The basics: what are you strengths/weakness', customers service questions, auto parts knowledge questions, some ethical questions.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Morgantown, KY (US)).

Interview

SAT with GM and talked about my role in a other franchise operation. We talked about the wide range get of retail sales and operations to see that I had a good working knowledge of procedural aspects as well as customer service and our go to exceed the competition in customer satisfaction

Interview Questions

• Why I thought that I would be a good candidate for the position   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made an offer and I ould have liked to have been able to negotiate on hours and pay. Over all the experience was exciting f.

DIY SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

One on one, asked about general car knowledge. Began with identifying the various parts of a car (engine, radiator, brakes, calipers, fuel rail, etc.) then got progressively harder leading to questions on fuel injection, timing, suspension (camber and toe). I was then asked what kind of car I recently worked on.

Interview Questions

• What are the components of an A/C system?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Panel INTERVIEW WITH RVP, HR, LP and DM'S. Role played on possible issues, opportunity and training. Answered questions about the resume and spoke about company future. Asked about relocation and career goals. RVP had been with the company twenty five years so his background was very interesting

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The store manager asked some basic automotive questions. Ex; how an engine works, describe the brake system. It all went well and i recieved a job offer on the spot. The manager explained the pay and benefits. We negotiated my pay which was slightly higher than other sales associates currently employed.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (La Vergne, TN (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter with follow ups with HR and GM. Recruiter and HR were easy to talk to. GM came off as pompous and seemed to be looking for specific answers to behavioral questions.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

There was a couple phone interviews, then an interview in a store with two District managers, the process took about two months wich was the first red flag, i interviewed well, but the hiring District manager decided to go on vacation in the middle of my hiring process , then i recieved an offer letter in the mail with a congratulations, a packet about bonuses and benefits wich all weren't very good, and a follow up phone call,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate,

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Knoxville, TN (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Had to first meet with the General Manager of the store I was interested in being promoted to, then a second interview with that store's District Manager. The procedure for hiring a Team Member, to a higher position within the Company, is the same as if I had been a "new hire" to the Company.

Interview Questions

• What did I think was my strong point, when it came to training and managing other Team Members.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Phone interview followed by one pretty brief in person interview. Everyone was nice and very accomodating. Both interviews were pretty standard, and were mostly just to feel out my personality and not so much the hard skills. Had the phone interview on a Wednesday and had a job offer by the next Wednesday. It was a pretty quick process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a tough customer.   Answer Question

Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Providence, RI (US)).

Interview

went to the office talked about the job and how i would fit in at a place like advance and talked about my strong points and weak points. we talked and cleared everything up about the job pay and all things necessary when looking for a job showed mea brief example of how the computer is used and then offered me a job. felt it was a good place too be and accepted the job

Interview Questions

• how much knowledge and experience with cars do you have   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.