Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Altria Interview Questions

Interviews at Altria

3.3

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

A few levels of question and answer. Overall, professional and consistently the same with each employee. This is the starting position to join the company and you should fit the requirements for this position before moving up to a different one.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Smooth process! Online application closed roughly 30 days after applying. Received phone screening within 1 week of requisition closing. Received call the following day schedule panel interview. Completed panel interview with offer extended the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to enlist the support of extended team members to deliver a result.   Answer Question

Associate Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

I was contacted quite a while after my initial online application. I scheduled an interview and then was told it would be rescheduled. When rescheduling I was notified that the other applicants had "offers from other employers". Which led me to believe that they were leaning toward another applicant before I came in. There was a writing test 30 minutes before the panel interview. The panel was courteous and used the STAR or (competency) interview method. The total interview lasted about 2 1/2 hours. The head of the department was unavailable for the interview, which could weigh heavily in the process. I was contacted about a week later by hr notifying me that they would not be extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a problem you had to solve and how you solved it. (not difficult at all)   Answer Question

Associate Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

Director told me he needed my help and I interviewed for the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something illegal or unetical   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a management decsion   1 Answer

Negotiation

NOTHING is negotiable

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule a telephone interview with an Altria recruiter. Spoke with him several days later, and was then scheduled for a phone interview with two department directors. That call also went well, so I was invited for an on-site interview a few weeks later.
    The in-person interview consisted of two panels of people. Not having experience with panel interviews, I was a little taken aback by the format as it doesn't seem to be an effective way to get a feel for someone. I assumed that there would be a one-on-one discussion with the person who I would be reporting to as well, but there wasn't. Afterwards, I was taken to lunch by a few potential coworkers in the company cafeteria.
    I'm giving a neutral response because my telephone interviews with the recruitment office and department directors were positive experiences. However, the on-site process was very impersonal and required canned rather than thoughtful responses.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in November 2013.

Interview

An interview process at my school and a meet a greet where I was introduced to a lot of the employees that came from the same university program that I came from. Mostly wanted to get a sense of the fit and personal relationship side in the interview. If you are good at relating to the people who are interviewing you and talk about your experiences within school they will like you. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were a leader of a team and achieved success.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Columbus, OH (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

1. phone screening 2. in-person interview with a panel of 3, a written questionnaire

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you (showed leadership, had a conflict, went above and beyond) in your past work experience? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

I pursued another internship opportunity

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

A behavioral interview, case study, and day in the field. Show your through process in the case study and back up what you decide, even if it sounds like they're skeptical of it. Ask lots of questions on the day in the field.

Interview Questions

• It was a question along the lines of if you should report your boss' unethical to HR, and if they don't care, should you quit?   1 Answer

My heart wasn't in the cigarette industry.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Birmingham, AL (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers, multiple interview process, not too stressful. First interview is a phone/ Skype interview one on one. Second and following interviews are group panel interviews. None of the recruiters are too intimidating and as long as you remain calm and keep your cool, you should do great!

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral type questions, and specifics about your resume. Be sure to have a steady understanding of STAR.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied and was offered a phone interview the same week. Be prepared to highlight the key points of your resume. One of the questions requires to answer in the STAR method. I was offered a second interview which was in person. You are given 30 minutes to analyze a sales case. You are then asked to explain your strategy and act as if the interviewer is your client.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.