Appway Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Appway Interview Questions

Interviews at Appway

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Appway.

Interview

15 minutes going through material then developing a system with the given details. overall 2 hours given for the task last 15 minute is presenting the details.The development had to using their software for uml diagrams and system flow. Had difficulties and wasted a lot of time. Also felt the description was not sufficient for the coding

Interview Questions

• develop a system with given details.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appway (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR, it processed 2 weeks only in HR interview phase. I'm applying online for position of their new York office. They don't have US located HR but contacted me from their Europe headQuarter and the interview were scheduled by online reservation. It's totally out of my understanding to their HR/recruiter's logic and highly doubt their professional quality. First, no call on scheduled time, no explanation or email notice advanced, second, unreachable for most normal contact by Email, always get auto email reply: not in the office, ok, those are not good but not unusual. The following is really "outstanding". I finally communicated with the HR from Zurich and carefully discussed every item in the job requirements, in the tech level, it's perfectly match, but HR indicated she is not specialized in technique field, so... By the end of the chat, she asked me the "standard question": what's your biggest weakness for this position. I answered honestly, the only one I could see is I'm not native speaker of English but I am totally fluently speaking in my work and professional related representations. She is not native english speaker either and admitted my pronunciations and speaking are clear and understandable. During the conversation, I mentioned I was talking with Appway's Employee on a forum but I didn't ask his name then. What's really surprised me is after the conversation, Appway sent me email let me provide the employee's name I had conversation with, otherwise it's hard to process the next step. After I provided the name of the Employee, they sent me another email that they don't need me for I'm not fluent in English! It's totally a waste of time.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Appway (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is long and demanding but fair: although the technical assessment fell outside of my capabilities, management was more interested in finding out about my thought processes and "what makes me tick" - management is looking for a team, not machine robots.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appway (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

The phone interview call was days after my on-line application - very good
    The interview call set up was a breeze - Excellent communication with HR/Office Manager. I Had to change my phone number, as the phone I was using did not have network connectivity in brother's place Virginia, I was visiting.
    Phone interview did not start in time. I had to followup for the phone interview. HR/Office Manager apologzsed and did the necessary followup.
    I had difficulty in understanding the questions from the interviewer. I sort of felt that the interviewer could have been more clear and friendly.
    The interview was too short - 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• How does a features of particular component of the company's product compare with features of the corresponding product in existing company. My fault. I should have spend more time on analysis of the product features.   1 Answer

Appway Response

1 Jul 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review - we work hard to make sure that candidates have a smooth and above all a good/fun experience during our assessment. We appreciate your comment re-interviewer clarity and will make sure that other candidates have clear connections and explanations.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Appway (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

So, I sent my resume to Appway. A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a Skype interview with their lead support engineer. I answered all their questions good until one of the interviewers tried to persuade me to tell his age. I told him no since that is Ageism. Then he continued to tell me he is 32 and I told him no.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Appway in September 2015.

Interview

I've been contacted by email first, then I've had a phone call with rather standard questions. I've had in general a very good impression of the company, the cv has been read carefully, everything was very quick, friendly and clear, but when we've reach the salary topic, it's been very clear that their potential offer would have been very low. I've been told "we'll let you know", then I've never heard anything.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Appway (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2015.

Interview

First I had an one to one interview, then I had couple emails exchanged with HR and then a phone interview with a technical guy. Then they scheduled an online assessment and two onsite interviews would follow. After the phone interview they said to me that they should be fast because another company would make me an offer and they would loose me. They where right in the meanwhile I got another offer. I liked the company and their mentality, but the hiring process is way too slow.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions and some technical questions about past experience.   1 Answer

Engagement Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appway (Geneva (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 meetings with HR then a practice assessment . I was too slow to finish.

Interview Questions

• We had to design a client onboarding process then build the interface and at the end describe the different steps to release the project.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appway.

Interview

After applying from the company website, few days later I received an e-mail form the Recruiting Manager to schedule an initial call via Skype.

The interview was 30 min long, with very basic questions I expected. After the interview I received a 30 min design assessment: 1. make a modern look software window, 2. make an icon (I could follow the existing design of their icons or I could done a new one) – I've done both, and explained why.

After a week I've received a negative response:
    .. The Appway recruiting team wants to thank you for taking the time to participate in our phone interview.

Although your qualifications and expertise are valuable, we are sorry to inform you that we have opted for another candidate whose skills are better matches. It wasn’t an easy decision considering the quality of your profile ..

I would appreciate a more detailed explanation why I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• why are you looking for a new job?
      why would you like to work with us?
      what can you tell me about our company?
      do you have any insufficient skills?
      do you have any other job interview with other companies?
      how much do you expect to get paid?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Appway (Zürich (Switzerland)) in August 2016.

Interview

This was the third interview, after one with the HR and another with the Engagement manager. The interview were made by call with Zurich. This third was an assessment, made using the "Go To Meeting" application (need to download a plug-in before the session, and screen sharing and audio are available). I had a very good impression of the company through those 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• 15 minutes to receive the business case and have basic explanations. 3 tasks to perform, with 90 minutes preparation, and then a presentation of 15 minutes.
      business case: account opening process in a bank.
      task 1: provide the activity diagramm, using their tool (easy to use, a 5 min tutorial is available).
      task2: provide a mockup of the input data screen, using their tool (also easy to use, with a tutorial)
      task3: provide the Work Breakdown Structure of such a small project.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.