Australian Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Australian Red Cross

2.5

Lead Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Sydney) in June 2019.

Interview

1. Phone call with HR, followed by phone call with CTO.
    2. Face to face interview with the CTO and two other people. The HR confirmed the interview but forgot to send me the email conformation and I had to call her twice to receive the interview details. Incompetency at its best!

At the end of the interview, the CTO said she'd get in touch within a couple of days, but totally went AWOL afterwards. I've emailed them to see if they have any update, they kept saying they're still deciding even after a month. Finally I called out on their incompetency in the interviewing process, and they totally disappeared. One thing I learnt from this experience is that, none of the employees of Red Cross actually believe in the org's values. Don't be fooled by the brand of Red Cross. They're complacent, lazy and unprofessional- staying in the same company for decades. Now I'm actually put off by the Australian Red Cross brand. Respect people who take time to interview with you and treat them with dignity and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Questions about agile, iteration management, etc. Nothing really complex.   Answer Question

Op Shop Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Melbourne) in January 2019.

Interview

They'll call you after you've applied, and they'll ask you what time you're free to do a phone interview. The phone interview is quite short, and casual in nature. The interviewer is very forgiving if you don't know how to answer a question.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Melbourne) in January 2019.

Interview

They just asked some questions about general customer service. Everything was easy to answer and I think it is better to prepare the reason why you wanna volunteer at Red Cross.

Public Relations/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Sydney) in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of 4 persons in the different department the position would be liaising with + an HR person. At the end it was said we would get a rapid answer and would be contacted for an interview feedback but over 3 weeks later, still no news despite a call and 2 emails. I found it very disappointing from a big organisation that I really admire to not even get a quick phone call or an email to explain why they will not go further with an application.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

A simple interview with basic questions about yourself and availabilities with the store manager. No resume required, just a trial shift to see how you work in the store environment

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to volunteer?   1 Answer

Op Shop Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross.

Interview

Few forms to fill out, and an explanation of what you'd do. Takes forever for them to contact you. I applied about 2 months before they first called, then took about 4 more weeks to actually get started.

Practice Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dandenong

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Dandenong) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied using an online platform. Then received a phone call after a week later for an interview. There were set of questions asked by 2 interviewers. interview took about an hr.

Interview Questions

• if you have got this job, what would be the first thing/topic you would want to supervise the current case workers about?   1 Answer

Volunteer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Melbourne) in March 2016.

Interview

The supervisor gave me a phone call a day after I turned in my application online. He asked me to interview with him at Red Cross Store Victoria Market. It was a quick and easy interview as this is a volunteer role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross.

Interview

Part 1: Submit Application
    After coming across the job on their public website, I lodged my resume with a cover letter through their website. This requires a registration process, and filling out some summary details, such as education level, etc.

Part 2: Phone Interview
    Received a phone call from the hiring manager. Call was heavily informal, and mostly aimed at gauging communication skills. Offered a formal interview, and set the date.

Part 3: Group Interview
    Met with hiring manager, and team leader (no HR). Again, an overall informal tone, but still following a structured approach. Standard interview questions, some role-specific questions, relating to how you would deal with a particular situation, and behavioral questions, to be answered in the STAR format. Completed interview, discussed salary, and was advised that they would commence reference checks, and contact me with the result of if I will get a job offer.

Part 4: Reference Checks
    Structured short interviews took place with referee's, regarding similar behavioral questions to those posed in the interview. According to one of my referee's it was "the most intensive reference check he's ever done".

Part 5: Verbal Offer
    Received a call about a week after my interview to verbally offer the job. Confirmed salary, hours of work, etc.

Tips:
    * HR are rarely involved in the selection/interview stages of the recruitment process, so developing a rapport with the hiring manger is very useful.
    * Remember the STAR format when answering behavioral questions, and don't rush into them before you've thought of an appropriate situation.
    * Fill out the details on the application website, since the hiring manager may well look through these details when trimming the list of potential interviewee's

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about the Red Cross?   1 Answer
    • Behavioral Questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase did not exist. The job is the job, and the remuneration is the remuneration.

Retail Property Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Sydney) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel interview. One person asking the questions, other two saying very little. Told on the spot not suitable, as they want someone who is prepared get down & do the "nitty gritty", not interested in the strategic reasons.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the steps you would go through to acquire a site.   1 Answer
    • Salary   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for the Red Cross?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.