Australian Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Australian Red Cross

2.6

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

A simple interview with basic questions about yourself and availabilities with the store manager. No resume required, just a trial shift to see how you work in the store environment

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to volunteer?   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Melbourne) in January 2019.

Interview

They just asked some questions about general customer service. Everything was easy to answer and I think it is better to prepare the reason why you wanna volunteer at Red Cross.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Panel interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a client was refusing to work with you, accept your ideas and assistance   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross.

Interview

Part 1: Submit Application
    After coming across the job on their public website, I lodged my resume with a cover letter through their website. This requires a registration process, and filling out some summary details, such as education level, etc.

Part 2: Phone Interview
    Received a phone call from the hiring manager. Call was heavily informal, and mostly aimed at gauging communication skills. Offered a formal interview, and set the date.

Part 3: Group Interview
    Met with hiring manager, and team leader (no HR). Again, an overall informal tone, but still following a structured approach. Standard interview questions, some role-specific questions, relating to how you would deal with a particular situation, and behavioral questions, to be answered in the STAR format. Completed interview, discussed salary, and was advised that they would commence reference checks, and contact me with the result of if I will get a job offer.

Part 4: Reference Checks
    Structured short interviews took place with referee's, regarding similar behavioral questions to those posed in the interview. According to one of my referee's it was "the most intensive reference check he's ever done".

Part 5: Verbal Offer
    Received a call about a week after my interview to verbally offer the job. Confirmed salary, hours of work, etc.

Tips:
    * HR are rarely involved in the selection/interview stages of the recruitment process, so developing a rapport with the hiring manger is very useful.
    * Remember the STAR format when answering behavioral questions, and don't rush into them before you've thought of an appropriate situation.
    * Fill out the details on the application website, since the hiring manager may well look through these details when trimming the list of potential interviewee's

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about the Red Cross?   1 Answer
    • Behavioral Questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase did not exist. The job is the job, and the remuneration is the remuneration.

Avid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Melbourne) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a continuous recruitment process that included initially a phone interview with the recruitment partner that you are paired with. This was followed by psychometric and mental health tests. Once shortlisted there was another phone interview and then an interview from the host organisation that had selected you as one of the allowable short-listed 3 candidates. Once selected then there is a further interview with the Country Manager of the country your assignment will be in.

Interview Questions

• Do you need to talk to a psychologist right now.   1 Answer

Public Relations/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Sydney) in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of 4 persons in the different department the position would be liaising with + an HR person. At the end it was said we would get a rapid answer and would be contacted for an interview feedback but over 3 weeks later, still no news despite a call and 2 emails. I found it very disappointing from a big organisation that I really admire to not even get a quick phone call or an email to explain why they will not go further with an application.

Administration Support Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross.

Interview

2 rounds interview. After online application, I received a phone call interview which was about my motivation and what I did in previous internships. They scheduled a second interview immediately afterwards. Face-to-face interview includes behavioural questions, such as how you deal with a difficult person, teamwork example and conflict example.

Retail Property Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Sydney) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel interview. One person asking the questions, other two saying very little. Told on the spot not suitable, as they want someone who is prepared get down & do the "nitty gritty", not interested in the strategic reasons.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the steps you would go through to acquire a site.   1 Answer
    • Salary   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for the Red Cross?   1 Answer

Volunteer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross (Melbourne) in March 2016.

Interview

The supervisor gave me a phone call a day after I turned in my application online. He asked me to interview with him at Red Cross Store Victoria Market. It was a quick and easy interview as this is a volunteer role.

Op Shop Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Red Cross.

Interview

Few forms to fill out, and an explanation of what you'd do. Takes forever for them to contact you. I applied about 2 months before they first called, then took about 4 more weeks to actually get started.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.