AvalonBay Communities Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

AvalonBay Communities Interview Questions

Updated 3 Jun 2018

2.7

Community Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process started out well enough, with the interviewer telling me that he would be back to me within four days to let me know if I was still being considered, or if they passed on me. Two weeks and several emails from me later, I've heard nothing. They talk a good game, but they practice the typical corporate B.S. I wonder if this type of avoidance is also done with their tenants. This type of behavior tends to be consistent across stakeholder groups.

Interview Questions

• None. Typical "tell me about yourself" interview.   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied May 7th, 2018 got a call back in 2 days by a manager, I was interviewed the same week. I interviewed with 2 managers, it was straightforward with the usual interview questions, the same day I also interviewed with the GM... they said they will let me know by the end of next week, but they called the next day (after the interview) letting me know I got the job! I didn’t start till 2 weeks because of the background/drug test. All positive experience so far! I love avalon!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Arlington, VA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Two phone interview and then on-sight interview with 5 people. Questions about last experiences, SQL, and Python. It was not too hard, but It took two weeks to get their response.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

one and a half hrs
    inside model apartment customer service oriented question
    meet with the service manager we discussed many of what Avalon bay offers
    some of the benefits 401 k stock options
    some of the shifts offered

Interview Questions

• how would I react to irate tennant   1 Answer

Community Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I went to the Mission Bay location on Hiring Day. Talked to the general manager - ab. 15 minutes - who was very friendly and extremely helpful. Liked my resume and promised me to share it with the other locations in SF and she did. Got a call 6 days later to go in to another location for an interview the next day.

The interview went well, but the manager had concerns because I have too much experience for an entry level role but zero industry-specific experience. He was also friendly, helpful and professional. Answered every question I asked - and I had a lot - so it lasted about an hour. He had 4-5 other candidates and promised that he would call the one he chooses the end of next week. I sent a thank you note / follow-up email a couple hour later, didn't get an answer. Also It wasn't me who got the call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had to solve a problem as part of a team.   Answer Question
    • What is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a potential customer asked you a question but you didn't know the answer?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever found yourself facing an ethical dilemma?   Answer Question

Community Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a Phone interview after I applied online, then an in person interview, followed by another in person interview with manager. Then phone call with offer. Pretty straight forward process. Had typical background check and drug test before start date.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities.

Interview

I interviewed at one location back in 2017. I didn't hear anything post interview but was contacted in early 2018 from another manager. I went in to meet with two of my bosses and had a pleasant and exciting experience. I was asked typical questions and really loved the feedback they were able to give me regarding my questions. Both were so nice and informative and I was happy to join a team where both my community manager and location manager were women. Went well, got a tour after, was very pleased with the experience.

Interview Questions

• Where was I looking to go with this job?   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Northborough, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interviewed for this company twice in one month for 2 different locations. Horrible follow up. Waited over a month to get no response from one location, and waited over a week for an email follow up just to be told I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask many questions. Mostly just talked about the company and the position.   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Bethesda, MD (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed at an open house by one of the regional hiring managers. The wait time to interview was less than 10 minutes. You'll be asked to fill out an application, but they'll still tell you to submit your information online.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you received bad customer service and what you would have done differently?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities.

Interview

Call from HR talking about the position which lasted 10 minutes. The job was only temporary and they are not looking for a permanent position at this time. The lady was nice and she seemed genuinely interested in the job and what the company has to offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.