Bentley Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Bentley Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Bentley Systems

2.7

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I met a representative of the company at my college's career fair, and I gave him my resume. After a week or two he contacted me to set up a phone interview. It was mostly getting to know more about myself - what I was working on during my senior year of college, past projects I was proud of, etc. A few days after that ended I got an in-person interview at their Philadelphia office - consisted of a few general programming design questions, as well as a demo a project I had completed in the past.

Interview Questions

• Give a high-level description of how you would design classes for your own Tetris implementation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bentley Systems in November 2014.

Interview

I met HR's at Bentley Systems at University Career Fair and got a call for telephonic interview within a week. In the telephonic interview I was first asked about my work experience and then technical concepts like polymorphism, abstraction, interfaces, design patterns along with two coding questions. I did not explain bookish language but was able to explain the practical implementation of these concepts (I was later told this was expected). After a week, I got another email for an online assessment test for which am yet to appear. Will update this post once that's done.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions weren't very difficult but they needed some more time. One of them was: Given a string, find all possible unique words that can formed from it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentley Systems in February 2015.

Interview

Quite simple. Mainly a conversations about where your interests lie, where you would fit in at the company and other semantics which would set up your Summer internship. Really didn't grill you on anything at all. Didn't ask much about your qualifications or ask questions which tested your knowledge

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bentley Systems in February 2014.

Interview

It was a 30 minutes interview and the first few questions were related to what was on my resume, and then a coding session where they asked me a simple C program to solve.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (Newark, DE (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a relaxed phone interview. The interview explained the position and the daily responsibilities as well as the overall expected goals throughout the internship. Easy going and open to questions. Position was only an internship so actual job interview would be more technical. Lasted about half an hour. Completed a short programming problem post interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What programming language are you strongest in?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (Irvine, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

1 hour discussion of projects - explanation of why wish to work at Bentley. Discussion about prospective projects and what role might be played. Discussion about technologies known and what needs to be learnt and honed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bentley Systems in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and asked mostly about my resume, past experiences and technical abilities. There were no technical questions on the phone, but the interviewer gave me a question about removing duplicate characters from a string to complete within 24 hours. The experience was not unpleasant, although I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• eliminate duplicate letters from a string in the language of your choice   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

they'll give you a relatively easy coding session, and then a phone call from team follows up, basically was a personal background check, like strength and weakness, and the project you have been working on.

Interview Questions

Bentley Systems Response

9 Oct 2017 – HR Generalist Southeast

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are excited to have you join the Bentley team!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair and about 2 weeks later requesting an online interview. I logged in and recorded myself answering 5 behavioral questions followed by a brief coding challenge in java.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you have faced that you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (Troy, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview for a behavioral screening, followed by an online interview. During the online interview, I was given 30 seconds to prepare for each question, then 2 minutes to record a video response. 5 of these questions were given, with 1 retake attempt allowed for all the questions. The last question was a 15 minute open ended, open resource programming question.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.