Capital Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Capital Dynamics Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital Dynamics

3.1

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics in March 2015.

Interview

After applying, I got an online assessment, then a Skype interview. The online assessment contains programming (no language specification), cookies, linux, SQL questions. The Skype interview asked about database servers, data structure and algorithm questions, resume related thing and willingness to relocate.

Fund Operation Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2020.

Interview

I am having video interview as I leave far from the location and it takes only 30 mins to complete the interview. You must take the online assessment before interview which takes 1 hour for me to completed (6 critical thinking questions) like how to handle things when you faced this issue.

Interview Questions

• Question mostly related to why you apply this job, do you know what is the role of this position, why you choose the specific course in university, which position you applied mostly, who has interviewed you. something simple but takes time to structure and answer it.   1 Answer

Equity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics.

Interview

Very fast process. There were 3 interviewers. They asked questions about behavioural response. Basically there is only one ppl speaking and i dun know whr to look. The assessment was hard. 2 hrs and 4 essay questions. Have to prepare well.

Interview Questions

• Job scope understanding, education background and behaviour response.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2020.

Interview

4 questions plus (500 words each and 2 page reading) in 2 hours & verbal interview. half way through the verbal interview, the CEO came in, I greeted him and he just nod his head, after scanning through my resume and listen half way, he just walked away. I am glad not to be in the company as I wouldn't be able to work with people such attitude.
    I asked why are there opening position, and they said during this pandamic, we are taking the opportunity to hire people because people are out there looking for a job. in other words, they are taking this opportunity to exploit desperate people.

Interview Questions

• 4 questions that needed 500 words to answer in 2 hours, as though you are publishing a thesis. question repeats on the preinterview form you need to fill in.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Online assessment and online interview, answer 4 questions within 90 minutes. Asked some technical knowledge question and some personal opinion based on the case study. Have to answer the question fast due to time constraint.

Equity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics in June 2020.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. A lengthy application form to be filled up which includes personal information such as family members particulars, and some questions that are best to be answered during interview such as tell us about yourself etc. Meaningless.

There's an assessment to be completed. 4 irrelevant questions.
    1. An analyst's job is often described as similar to solving a jigsaw puzzle. Describe similarities and differences (500 words min)
    2. Explain in layman term
    (a) Time Value of Money
    (b) Binomial Distribution and Normal Distribution
    (c) The Theory of Probability
    500 words min.
    3. Describe your greatest achievements and failures. (500 words min)
    4. Two articles to be read, foreshadowing hardworking (working 24/7) and loyalty to a company, and ask you to describe the good qualities of those investors.
    Not worth it to try out the interview, company refuses to disclose anything about salary even though I asked and pressed them, they just kept mentioning market rate. Furthermore, there's a second round interview with the CEO. Company has strict no phone policy, need to store phone in a locker before entering the office and can only get back when off work. Workday is 5.5 days including half day on Saturday, but seems like it'll be more than that as OT is expected.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics in November 2019.

Interview

Interviewers behaved rude and ignorant. Really do not wanna work for this company. That was my worst interview experience ever. Really do not wanna see this company anymore.

Interview Questions

• Some question related to management   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics.

Interview

Lengthy. Assessment was 2 hours long and no one informed the interviewers that I am done with the assessment. I ended up waiting for 45 minutes to be interviewed. CEO was supposed to come in but someone else came in instead. Started interview with 2 ladies and suddenly a third lady walked in interrupting the and just sat down without introducing herself. Interview went on for about an hour then later the CEO came in asking if we’re done which i find rude.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2019.

Interview

Lengthy. I took around 4.5 hours for the entire session. (written assessment + interview session). Was interviewed by 2 ladies, HR Exec and Senior Manager. I saw the Senior Manager scolded the staff in front of the candidate which i find it is rude and unprofessional.

Legal Associate/Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Dynamics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2019.

Interview

I received an email inviting me for an interview for the abovementioned position (at the Singapore branch) directly from the CEO because he "treats the recruitment process very seriously" (Although to me it may have indicated that he does not have a HR department in place). Also, a near 10 pages form to full up, including strengths/weaknesses, "where do you see yourself in 3 years" etc.

On the day of interview, there was 2 young ladies (they look under 30s) in the office facilitating the interview process. One of them told me she was flown in from Malaysia and returning that evening.

Assessment: We were asked to answer 3 questions.
    1) draft an email to a client explaining a delay in the delivery of his free sample magazine
    2) read and mark out potential issues with a fund manager engagement contract
    3) strengths and weaknesses
    Assessment took 2h+.

Interview: with the CEO himself. Standard interview questions. Rather informal and casual. Knowledgeable. I thought he was a little peculiar and can be a keyboard warrior. Around 20min.

Interview Questions

• I do not think you have identified the essential contract clauses in the agreement, is that right?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.