Cochlear Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Cochlear Interview Questions

Interviews at Cochlear

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cochlear.

Interview

HR Recruiter reached out, scheduled an on-site interview but never followed-through with an agenda or any other background info. Arrived on-site and the vibe was cold and depressing. Met with a large and diverse pool of employees as expected, most of whom were competent, friendly and engaged. I sent follow-up emails to HR recruiter thanking them for the opportunity and never heard another thing...no response either way. I found the lack of communication to be highly unprofessional and disrespectful. If the way I was treated as a candidate was indicative of the company's culture then I am so glad things worked out as they did.

Interview Questions

• Primary line of questioning was around my familiarity with the company's market space in healthcare.   Answer Question

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cochlear (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Cochlear. It was about 20 minutes long, and I was told that I would hear back from them within a week about moving forward with an in person interview. I emailed a follow up thank you for the interview and that I was still very interested in the position. I did not hear back from them so about 10 days after the interview, I emailed a follow up. I was told that they were still interviewing other applicants. Luckily I was still interviewing with other companies and accepted a different job. I finally heard from them three weeks after the phone interview to let me know that the position had been filled. Awful communication on their part. If you get an interview with them, be sure to keep your other options open!

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about our company.   1 Answer

Actm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Interview

Multiple phone interviews where they ask you the same questions, then an in person interview at the office. Many have to give a 10 minute presentation over a topic of their choosing.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Cochlear in May 2018.

Interview

I had 9 interviews over the course of 7 weeks. All interviews were very informal. I was very disappointed to not get the offer as I really liked everyone that I interviewed with. The company and its values really resonated with me.

Director of Consumer Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cochlear (Denver, CO (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was okay, the team I interviewed with was very passionate, the hiring manager was a little inconsistent with how the rest of the team interviewed me. She also said that the Americas office has 2 marketing departments, which is a red flag...

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people? (this was a question from the hiring manager...very uncommon questions...maybe there are difficult people there to work with)   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cochlear (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

It's a long process,with several phone interviews, personality tests, then in-person interview with a panel. The phone interviews were basically "Get to Know You" and asked about how comfortable are you with traveling?

Interview Questions

• 1) What does change look like flr you? How comfortable are you to change?
      2) Tell me when....   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cochlear (Centennial, CO (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

First phone call was with a recruiter. I was asked standard phone screen questions - nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Second phone call was with the Marketing Director. She asked some standard questions and some not so standard ones. She asked what was something that I was self-aware of, how is my emotional IQ, examples of campaigns that I've run before. Final interview I was flown out to Denver for a 1 day interview. I had 7 interviews, 5 were group interviews and 2 were one-on-ones. They were intense. Everyone there was very nice, but very serious. I was exhausted after the process and could barely think, let alone speak, by the end. I would take all interviews there very seriously.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently for the social media for Cochlear?   Answer Question
    • What's your communication style?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to do corporate marketing since your background is agency?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cochlear (Denver, CO (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Arduous! 3 phone interviews, a morning of 5 in-person interviews, then asked back for a presentation and another interview, then a long online aptitude/personality test (got high marks), then no news for 2 weeks, then another phone interview, then nothing for 3 more weeks, still no offer after lots and lots of positive feedback. Why would a company waste a person's time like this?

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who are resistant to change?   1 Answer

Senior Meeting Planner Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cochlear.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews followed by a face to face. First phone interview with HR went well, as she was extremely knowledgeable and helped me understand the culture. Interviews lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit a time where you received feedback from someone and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cochlear (Denver, CO (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

To begin there was 15 minute phone interview, followed by a 1 hour phone interview a couple of days later, a 2 hour in-person interview was scheduled for the next week, and then a final 1 hour in-person interview was done the week after that. Email communication was from the HR Recruiter was excellent.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.