Colette Accessories Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Colette Accessories Interview Questions

Interviews at Colette Accessories

2.4

Interview

Involved activities in dressing a potential customer for a potential event, selling based on collections and adding on products. Required a little bit of pre knowledge of the collections. Short speel on the views and values of the company. Ask questions to put yourself out there and be as bubbly and exuberant as possible! Dress well.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colette Accessories.

Interview

Applied online.
    Did a group interview then two seperate interviews with Store Manager and Regional
    Time consuming.
    This process was not communicated very well. I was often left in the dark about how to performed. Where I was in the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience leading a team? (management experience)
      What is your experience with KPI's (key performace indicators) (ASV - Average sale value (average $ goal) Multi's (items per sale)
      What size store/team environment did you come from?
      What is your management style?
      What do you look for in a manager?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colette Accessories in September 2019.

Interview

Took a few days to hear back from them after shooting which was great. Landed an interview the following week. Had a great experience with the interview 1:1 and secured the job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colette Accessories.

Interview

There was a group interview with over 50 people. From here the next stage was a smaller group interview for the location you got accepted to. Next once you get through you have some type of training but its more for you to get to know where everything in the store is or goes.
    Both group interviews were for you to show how you work with individuals or holw you help customers styling different accessories.

Interview Questions

• Asked you to get to know one other person and talk about that person to the group   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Honestly, I never write reviews but my experience was very bad I felt that it is needed.
    Just to start off, we were called in for a group interview, I was told that the interview would have been at 5:30PM, arrived earlier as you would for an interview and was told that the managers conducting the interview were not even there yet. Waited around for the interview to start at 6:00... very unprofessional...
    The interview started off with an introduction circle (30 girls, we all applied for different locations) where we all waited for our name tags, I, along with the girls that had applied for the same location, did not have name tags prepared for us??
    After the introduction circle, we were to do 2 activities, first one was to partner up with someone and then you try to 'sell' that person to the company. Second activity was to break up into groups and accessories for different occasions. Overall, the activities were fun and easy to participate in but was very time consuming as the interview did not finish until around 8:00.
    To conclude the interview, we were told that processing would take about two weeks; those that were successful would have received a call, and those that were unsuccessful would receive an email. Waited around for 2 weeks, did not receive a call or an email... thought this was also unprofessional, felt like I had wasted 2.5 hours for an interview which I did not even receive an outcome for... thanks Colette...

Christmas Casual Style Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colette Accessories (Melbourne) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a group interview and I had applied online a week before. The manager gave me a call and email arranging for the interview to be after store hours.
    Arrived 15 minutes early and chatted with a couple of the other girls waiting outside, we then went in.
    Manager was super friendly and casual, explained to us what it is like being a Christmas casual and what we can expect. She talked about the principles of sales (approaching the customer, returning to the customer in 30 seconds, listening, asking & offering, PWOs, sending customers off, etc.)
    We stood in a circle and had a minute to talk to a partner and get to know them so we can introduce them to the rest of the group. We also did more activities like being put into pairs and given a scenario for a hypothetical customer for an event and we had to find products in-store for them, taking into account deals and discounts on at the time. We presented this to the group and the manager offered us feed-back on what she would have done differently. We then got into groups of three and were given an event and one of us had to be the model, and styled the model for the event. We had 'Splendour in the Grass' Music Festival and again, taking into account deals in-store styled them with accessories and had a budget of $100. We then, individually had to pick a deal in-store and choose a product to sell to and if we had any other questions.
    She explained that we would know of the results within 7 days by em the rest of the group and it was referred to as 'deal or no-deal' as the group could could say 'deal or no-deal' if they felt we didn't sell it well enough. Everyone was nice though and said 'deal'.
    After the activities the manager explained more on what they were looking for, what sort of KPIs they had and expectations they had of casuals. She also asked us questions relating to the topics she had discussed at the start of the group interview about selling products.
    She said we would be notified within 7 days on whether or not we were successful, by email or phone call. She was hiring multiple casuals and she had invited 20 people but only 8 showed up.
    I don't know if I got the job yet or not as this is only the next day.

Interview Questions

• Without getting a yes/no answer, how would you approach a customer to assist them?
      (Cant repeat what the previous person said)   1 Answer
    • What does it mean to listen to a customer?   1 Answer
    • What do you think people want from a customer service experience at Colette?   1 Answer

Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colette Accessories (Melbourne) in August 2018.

Interview

Online application process only took two days, i received a phone call the following day to let me know I was invited to a group interview.
    Was a little disappointed because there were alot of girls roughly 35/40
    I felt the staff had picked there favourites from the moment we all walked in.

We done a few group activities and got to know about eachother we then were put into groups again and given a theme, we had to work together as a team and pick out items and dress eachother up, and sell the products to everyone it.
    My group seemed a bit lost about the theme and were not working together, whitch was really frustrating, they picked there own items that were not the theme we were given, I felt let down as I didnt get a chance to shine and show my knowledge.

Casual Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colette Accessories (Newcastle) in March 2018.

Interview

Quick Easy, group interview
    Lots of girls group of 10+
    Questions about styling accessories and what your favourite accessories are
    Hiring all the time for casuals
    Recruitment team was polite and friendly has a very bubbly atmosphere and environment.
    Fun workplace.

Christmas Casual Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colette Accessories.

Interview

There was a group interview with a lot of people.

We first got asked what we know, about Colette and Customer service etc

We got in groups and found out three facts about each other, and had to relay it to the rest of the group.

We then did an activity where we were given a theme and we had to style an outfit based on it, for example, American Music Awards or Met Gala. We presented it to the everyone else that was interviewing because they had two other groups for different stores.

Then we asked questions about the job.

I think the hardest thing about it was there were a lot of people. My mistake was that I didn't have enough confidence, and in such a large group interview it allowed them to pretty much walk all over me. You need to stand out in these kind of interviews.

Christmas Casual Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colette Accessories in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was at the store I had applied to. The manager took a picture of each of us and then we partnered up. We only had two interview style questions/activities. The first activity involved selling your partner for the job, so trying to say why they would be perfect for the job. My partner didn't do a great job describing me but if you do a good job selling your partner it will show more of your ability. After that we got into groups of about 4/5 and were given a celebrity that we had to style for a Gala, so we got to go around the store and pick out clutches and accessories. We then had to present as a group why we choose them. This is a really good opportunity to show how you could sell to a customer by talking about the features of the accessories and why it would suit the event or person. After that the manager just told us a little about the company and the role and then it was done. Since there was only two questions there wasn't much of an opportunity to show off so it best to be confident and in the group activity try to show you can lead as well as listen to others even if you think the interviewer isn't watching.

Interview Questions

• You have to style a celebrity (my group was given Beyonce) for a gala. Find three items for them to wear and then present them   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.