Corrs Chambers Westgarth Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Corrs Chambers Westgarth

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Corrs Chambers Westgarth

Law Clerk Interview

Interview

Cocktail evening and then one interview that went for approximately 30 - 40 minutes. Interview was booked online. It was friendly, casual, relaxed and conversational, with standard questions. Interviewed by 1 HR and 1 partner.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this firm? Legal experience?   Answer Question

Casual Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corrs Chambers Westgarth (Sydney).

Interview

Interviewed for a standard casual paralegal job for college of law hours. HR really went out of their way in the interview to emphasise that not only would the role never ever become a grad job, but that it might end after one day without notice, or they might need me for months etc. I knew this was the deal, but thought the way it was so aggressively put was pretty unnecessary. Then they questioned me for about 45 minutes on my career so far, my 5-10 year career plans, wanting to know every tiny detail as if I were interviewing to be senior associate, rather than a highly disposable, casual paralegal doing discovery. The overall tone was quite arrogant and made it clear they thought they were doing me a huge favour by possibly offering me this job.

I was then asked to wait outside and not told for what. I waited for about 20 minutes and was finally told to come back in for a second interview. I hadn’t been given warning of this, nor how long the process would take. Second interview with a more senior HR manager, who was nicer but just grilled me on the same questions.

Was offered the job and asked to start in five days. Quit my then-current job to do just that, and then Corrs emailed me the night before to say they had to postpone my start date for a week. Next week came and they postponed for another week the day before.

So I applied for a different casual paralegal job at a better law firm. Interview there took 15 minutes and made me feel like they wanted me to be on the team. I called Corrs to say I wasn’t going to be pursuing their role. I asked to be removed from their pool, which they were clearly shocked by. They called up a few times over the next six months, asking me to start a paralegal position the next day, and each time it was again a shock when I declined and requested I actually be removed from the pool.

Utterly absurd process, arrogant people, no attempt to make you feel like this might be somewhere you’d like to work.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corrs Chambers Westgarth (Melbourne) in August 2019.

Interview

Corrs follows the Law Institute of Victoria's approach to clerkships. After submitting my resume, cover letter and a number of online short-answer questions, I was invited to partake in online psychometric testing. After that I was invited to an interview which was very relaxed. Interview questions focused on my experiences in my resume; as well as some generic questions such as 'why did you choose Corrs?'. After the first-round interview I was then invited to a 3-course cocktail event which was very glam. We even had a sommelier to talk us through our wine selection. Overall, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Corrs is Australia's leading independent law firm. What does this mean to you?
      Tell us about X experience (from your resume)?   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Interview

I attended three interviews. Each one was different members of the team. The first interview was with two team members, and the second and final interviews were with one person - different team members. They were all very relaxed and I appreciated the opportunity to meet the entire team. They were all lovely!

Casual Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrs Chambers Westgarth (Sydney) in January 2018.

Interview

First you submit an online application attaching your CV and cover letter. Then you receive a call for one interview but you have two interviews. They put you through to second one on the same day.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrs Chambers Westgarth (Melbourne) in January 2018.

Interview

Jobs are best obtained by completing a seasonal clerkship - you apply for this in your final year of university during summer or winter. Otherwise it’s very difficult to find a hib

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral - tried to create a casual cher   1 Answer

Articles Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corrs Chambers Westgarth in July 2007.

Interview

Great firm, good interview experience. Two people interviewing, with follow up phone contacts. Asked about background, legal experience, school, university, and given some scenarios to respond to. Good opportunity given to showcase experience, great HR team when I interviewed. Seems like a good place to work. The people who interviewed me were lovely.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.