Exchange Solutions Interview Questions

Updated 6 Feb 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exchange Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2019

Interview

Pre-screening call followed by on site interview 45 mins technical assessment followed by 60 mins interview. Overall the interview was not a pleasant experience, it was felt more of an interrogation rather than an interview. I felt somewhat intimidated and uncomfortable. Majority of the questions were skill questions, technical in nature and process oriented. Very little was asked about soft-skills, which I found surprising considering the role had leadership and mentoring component to it. In addition, no one got back to me with answers to my question(s). Generally, I have yet to receive any communication from them.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the methodology of most complex solution you implemented, walk through the solution step by step.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Entire interview process took 1.5 weeks. First was an HR call to determine fit of skills and culture to role. HR person was ready with a few specific technical questions prepared by technical hiring manager. HR person was pleasant, personable and very open about the rest of the interview process, said he would schedule an in person interview soon. After that, an in person interview was scheduled involving the Director of Engineering and Technical Lead that very same week! Had to do some live coding (somewhat difficult but doable if you know your CS concepts well) and some white-boarding (involving design and approach to domain problem). Emphasis is placed on determining your CS fundamentals (object oriented design, SOLID principles, etc ). Nothing too crazy. This was followed by a technical review of my CV and experience. Later met with CTO and SVP of Technology. Was given offer a few days later and accepted. HR was very accommodating and patient with me while we prepared for my start date. Every person I met was very kind and sweet.

Interview Questions
  • Object oriented design problem. Questions about my experience. My approach to testing. Why Exchange Solutions? + A few others.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2019

Interview

1) Short Telephonic interview with the project manager 2) In person Scenario based interview with the project manager 3) In person core Technical round with the team lead 4) In person Managerial interview with Senior Vice President 5) In person HR Discussion

Interview Questions
  • Some database related questions?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process was quick and I was interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) within a week.The office was well organised and people were very helpful.

Interview Questions
  • I had two rounds of it, first was computer based test and second was a face to face round.
1 person found this interview helpful

Exchange Solutions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions in Jul 2018

Interview

It was a short phone call as the first step, about 10 min, where they tried to get the most basic information out from my experience, skillset, goals, future aspirations etc.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about your most recent work experience!! Why are you looking for new opportunity?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Mississauga, ON) in Jun 2018

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn with the job posting and we set up a time to have a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and was just a brief pre-screening to see if there was a mutual fit. I went in for an interview and spoke with the recruiter for approximately 30 minutes then had another 45 minutes with upper management. Overall it was a positive experience and they were organized and gave me thoughtful responses. Currently waiting to see if I made the short list for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks, I was contacted by HR first for a phone pre-screen interview, then came in for face to face interview. I met with HR first, followed by 2 solution architects. Then I came in again next week for the last round interview with my report-to manager, followed by the director and a solution architect.

Interview Questions
  • Almost everything related to web development, front-end, api, database, do come in prepared ! There're white board and coding questions as well, very interesting ones.

Exchange Solutions

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions

Interview

The final interview was divided into 2 parts - one with the HR manager and next with Technical Manager. Both asked fairly easy questions and asked questions about resume, education and projects. Both were very easygoing and friendly interviewers and there was no air of intimidation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2016

Interview

1. Casual phone interview with HR. Asked about background, what I was looking for, salary, etc. 2. Face-to-face HR interview with a technical assessment. Not a lot more questions, but gave me a chance to ask bout thte company/role. 3. Face to face interview with two different levels of reporting managers

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about our company
  • Technical assessment- written and scripting test on SQL
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2016

Interview

- I applied through LinkedIn, - After one week I got a call and I had a 15 min screening interview, - After few days they called me again and arrange for 2 hours HR & Technical interview.

Interview Questions
  • - For HR part; they asked me about the preferred work environment for me? and if I prefer to work as team member or team leader. - For Technical Part: They asked many questions about object oriented concepts, design best practices, design patterns, exception handling, collections, JPA, mapping inherited classes to database tables.
2 people found this interview helpful