FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. Interview Questions

Interviews at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A.

HSE Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A..

Interview

The process consisted of a three-part interview with one phone call and two in person. The second in-person interview was a shop tour with observations. An offer was given after the second visit followed by phone and email negotiations.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ISO?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herriman, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. (Herriman, UT (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call the next morning from a recruiting company. They asked several basic questions about my sales background. Told me I was a perfect candidate. I interviewed in person two day later. It went very well. Conversation was smooth and questions where easy. They seemed to be very interested. Told me I would have an offer in two to three days. Two weeks later... nothing. No offer, no communication and I am left wondering how a big company leaves people hanging with no answers. Not very professional. Very disappointed!!!

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Got an email for scheduling a phone interview. Set time for interview and interviewer called on time. Interview seemed to go well and was told I would be contacted within a week to set up an in-person interview. Sent a thank you and follow up after interview and never heard back from interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you learning about processes you are unfamiliar with?   Answer Question

Control Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. (Allentown, PA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two phone interviews, one with HR and the other with a hiring manager. Questions were mostly behavioral and focused on your process of problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the steps you'd take from beginning of a project until completion?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. (Bethlehem, PA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Called for a phone interview after 1 month. Had a phone interview with HR Generalist then scheduled an in-person interview. Met with HR for a few minutes, then CS supervisor for an hour, then another manager from different department for an additional hour, then another manager for 45 minutes. Plus another 2 people just "peeked in" to meet me while I waited, then back to same HR Generalist. Total interview time was 3 hours. I felt like I was on display.

CS supervisor talked about herself most of the time and asked only a few general questions. Tell me about yourself, why did you leave previous job, etc. Second manager tried to play "bad cop" and he didn't believe what was on my resume. Third manager just talked about sports.

HR said they would all discuss and let me know. I sent thank you notes to all immediately. I received no response. Called HR after 10 days and emailed after 3 weeks asking about the status. They didn't reply or say that they had gone with another candidate or even "you sucked." Very unprofessional not to respond at all. Job posting remains after 2 months.

Interview Questions

• You didn't actually create a process, did you?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work here?
      How did you come up with that number on your resume?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. (Allentown, PA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Long Interview that lasted 5 hours with 4 managers. Questions were not difficult but you could tell they were listening closely. They questioned me if I was the right person for the job 3 times.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement?   1 Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then an in office interview with mid level management and top level together.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding customer escalations and team related problems. Engineering questions regarding specs and ability to read drawings.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process was by committee. There were five FLS employees that interviewed me. Usual canned questions, nothing difficult. I applied online and was called for an interview a few weeks after application submittal. Negotiated terms with my eventual manager and was sent an acceptance letter via email which I signed and returned. Overall the process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Usual junk questions, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview with a panel from the department. Each took turns to ask questions. They were friendly questions and in a relaxed environment, more of a conversation style.
    Questions were mainly about past experience and company knowledge.
    The interview was about 45 minutes long.
    Within the panel there was a department specific HR person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I spoke over the phone with the person who would be my boss twice, we negotiated salary once, then the department HR person called me to offer me the job.

Proposal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FLSmidth|FLSmidth S.A. in January 2012.

Interview

Had an call from Human Resources, followed by interview with the proposal manager. I was introduced to the estimating department. I received an offered a week later followed by a call from my manager.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.