FactSet Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

FactSet Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.9

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

I had the initial phone Interview, they asked basic questions reviewing my Resume and personal fit. Although I was very qualified for the position and knew a lot about the company, I received an email that they were moving on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly standard. First I had a phone interview. Then I was supposed to have a video interview, but I was asked to go to their office for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why FactSet as opposed to other firms?   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Group of 5 potential candidates. Took us to lunch, gave us a basic IQ test, interview with 3-5 people around the office whole process takes about 5 hours. Gave a brief excel test as well. This was definitely one of the more difficult interview processes I have had but seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Is the customer always right?
      Q: If the day before the day before yesterday is 3 days after Saturday what day is it today?
      Q: Briefly describe the current US economy.
      Q: Brief excel test was given.
      Q: A lot of behavioral questions i.e. Tell me about a time when...   2 Answers

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Process took little over 2 weeks. I was first contacted and given an interview over skype. After that I was flown out to San Francisco where there was a super day.

Interview Questions

• If you had a friend that was hurt in the back of a car, would you speed through a red light to take him to the hospital.   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The day started by going out to lunch with two young FactSet Consultants. Following lunch, we returned to the office. We were given a demo of the software and we were then interviewed by four of the FactSet managers. Each manager had their own set of questions. During one of the interviews we were asked to complete a brain teaser quiz.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing you've gotten away with?   2 Answers

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was one super day starting off with a demo and group brain teaser, followed by a series technical and behavioral interviews. Then an excel test and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about the current news in the financial markets.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews. Different people in second round, tough questions and impressive people. A bit of good cop bad cop. It was a competitive process, I very much enjoyed it. Yes.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Lots of pointless excel work . They asked a lot of questions around whats going on in finance and to see what you know. It was only one day and they take you to lunch which is nice

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Skype interview followed by onsite interview day. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. Very few technical questions, mostly behavioral. Some of the behavioral questions were a little...uncommon (e.g., “tell me about a time you did something bad and got away with it”) but the interviewers had a good sense of humor and kept the whole experience comfortable and conversational. The day ended with lunch at a nice restaurant with two potential colleagues. The offer was also very fair. Make sure you establish early on when your training will be, as my training conflicted with my graduation trip, resulting in me not being able to accept my offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the stock market to your grandma?   Answer Question
    • What’s something about you that your resume doesn’t tell me?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I started by attending the career fair at my university, and then was invited two weeks later for an on-campus interview. After the on-campus interview I was invited for a final round interview in the New York office.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.