Federated Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Federated Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jun 2017

3.3

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

Very long interview process. Was initially given a phone interview, then in person interview consisting of mostly behavioral questions, then a shadowing day in the office lasting 7 hours. Still have more interviews to go.

Interview Questions

• Basic.
      When were you able to over come a challenge in the workplace?
      Why did you choose the degree you have?
      When were you forced to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Risk Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with risk consultant manager. The process at Federated to get hired and is very drawn out. They were looking to hire for a job 6 months away. I feel the company holds employees hands and doesn't let them work on their own without guidance. There is a training program, then a shadowing program, and then someone has to watch you perform your job. It seemed like a lot of hoops to jump through to get average pay with a below average insurance company. The interview gave me the impression I wouldn't be trusted to perform my job. I declined the interview after hearing the salary expectations it was 40,000 lower than other jobs I was interviewing for.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

This is a very long interview process. They want to know your a winner and won't leave after investing 50k in you the first year. Show your confident and have a proven track record of success.

Interview Questions

• Anything and everything you can think of. What have you won? What makes you different? What adversity have you overcome?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Interview

This was the typical interview setting. We met in his office, engaged in small talk, then I began answering situational questions. Some were difficult to answer, but nothing was too pressing or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Owatonna, MN (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then went to Owatonna for 2 tests, 2 interviews, then 2 more interviews if you pass the tests. A difficult process, but they know who they want. Unfortunately I hadn't done any math for a while, so I didn't do well enough on the tests. It would be best to prepare yourself and brush up on your Algebra.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Federated?   1 Answer

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Owatonna, MN (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, standard types of behavioral/resume questions. Application and professional ref request followed. Onsite interview contingent on passing a math/logic test. There were two tests, each ~30min. The first test was to see if you can do math in your head and understand what makes sense or not to solve a problem. So, for example, if you are finding a percentage, you should be dividing or multiplying by a 100 in the equation. Or if you have a proportional equation, you should know what the expect when a variable changes. The second test presents you with several process flowcharts with some steps left blank. You then need to deduce what the missing steps should be in the algorithm.

After the tests are passed, I was interviewed by two IT managers for around a hour each and given a quick tour of the building. These interviews were mainly focused again on behavioral questions and also some cross-examination on actually experience developing software. The only real technical question I got was "You've take a couple database course. What would you say is the most important thing about database design?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell someone some information. What's the most complex data you've worked with? Give me an example of a project that you completed that you are proud of.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

The interview process was long as I was just out of college. About 10 meetings overall mainly with district manager. They have a certain mold they try to fit. Be outgoing and aggressive.

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

Intense and long interview process. They know the candidate they want and will drill you down to find out if you fit that mold. Can be intimidating at first, but if you realize they know what works and are trying to find that person, its actually kind of eye opening, you realize things about yourself you may have not previously known

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can sell this product with little experience   1 Answer

Wasn't the right time to go to MN for the training

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process with Federated Insurance is an extensive process with multiple meetings encouraged. The interviewer made a point to help to relieve nervousness and was extremely easy to talk to. Federated insurance has a top-notch training program for all new employees that takes place in Minnesota. Overall, this interview was a beneficial experience.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Very Long interview process. We are talking at least 5 interviews and two ride alongs with people who already work there before you go to a final interview with someone way at the top. They are very thorough and everything you say is analyzed. Each and every task they give you is a test.

Interview Questions

• They took me on a sales trip and we walked into a business and they had me lead the sale.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.