Finisar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Finisar Interview Questions

2.7

Sort:

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Finisar (Sunnyvale, CA (US)).

Interview

I got the onsite interview through contacting the hiring manager, no phone screen was taken. It took about one month to start the onsite process, and finally I went to the interview after waiting for two weeks due to unmatched schedules. The onsite interview was highly technical, but mainly basic EE knowledge such as linear systems and Fourier transform. And also fundamental principle of communication systems.

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect to have such technical questions on basic courses and spent quite sometime to refresh myself. Also some details like the amplitude and phase responses after Fourier transform were not well memorized. Other than that, the questions are rather fundamental.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Finisar (Horsham, PA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Finisar had just created it's internship position in the Philadelphia area when I applied, so everything was somewhat last minute. The process was more of a meet and greet with senior project members who I'd be working with, so I can only presume they'd decided on the hire on the resume and references alone.

Interview Questions

• One stage of the interview included some basic quizzing on verilog to ensure that I wasn't entirely incompetent. It mostly covered basic blocks and clock synchronization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation, as this was for a temporary internship position

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finisar (Horsham, PA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

2 supervisors came in and fired questions at me. Seemed like they were in a hurry, interview only lasted 15 minutes on a Friday afternoon. Before I returned home, I got a call in my car and they asked me if I could start Monday. Since I was unemployed at the time, I accepted and worked there for a year as a contractor. They hired me full time after the year was up and I worked there for 2 more years until they laid off everyone.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever test fiber optic modules?   1 Answer

FAE Interview

Interview

Two 30mins inteview from direct leader and sales director. They were easy to talk. Not too many challenging questions. Like casual conversation. Just prepare all the behaviors questions then you would be good to go.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Finisar.

Interview

I had a phone interview where they asked about my skills. Then I went for on site, it was a 1:1 interview where the interviewers asked me about my experience with hardwares and software. They gave me some coding questions which were pretty basic

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Finisar (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was 2 hour phone interview with two managers. Very down to the core technical questions which were very relevant to the job description. The second interview was a two day on site interview with more than 14 people, again very technical. The questions were reasonably hard to filter out the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me your previous job experience and the technical research you did there?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation leverage was proportional to the percentage of technical question I was able to answer, which is what it always should be!

IC Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finisar (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Detailed questions were asked about diodes and their testing.Circuit diagrams were given and current and voltage rating were asked. Practical knowledge about IC testing was asked. In on site interview 3 people asked separate questions for an hour. Basics of Electronics that is electronics components is necessary fro interview.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an unpleasant phone interview today. The hiring manager was late for 25mins. When he at last made the call, he started with a question like "in what area can I ask you some technical questions?". Okay, if you didn't bother to read my resume before interview, and didn't bother to call on time and didn't even bother to quickly go though my resume during the call, then why bothered to call for a phone interview?

Still, after I told him my expertise, he asked a question not closely related to my experience. Only after I told him again which area I have worked in, did he ask some fair questions. Those are fundamentals of electronics, optics and fiber optic communications.

The phone interview lasted about 20mins and his tone was not really friendly during the whole thing. Soon after I hung up, the recruiter emailed me and said that they wanted to go for other candidates. I don't feel sad at all.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Finisar (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

4 People came into the room and each one talks about half an hour. One Higher level manager and 1 manager, plus two guys working in the group. Finally talked with HR about the benefits if hired. Questions are mostly technical. Other than that they did ask more. Overall not tiring.

Interview Questions

• Very technical related to the products in development, the basics and some up-to-date knowledge   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finisar (Allen, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

A HR round phonecall
    A manager phonecall round (technical)
    An on-site with the Manager and the Director at Allen TX. They opened 100+ jobs since they expanded to Sherman, TX.
    Very professional and quick response from the HR. Manager is a very friendly and humble man.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge that you would face when you start this position?   1 Answer
    • Regressions, DOE and SPC related   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.