Gilbert + Tobin Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gilbert + Tobin

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Sydney) in July 2020.

Interview

Short interview where the interviewers asked about my experience and introduced the law firm. It was cordial, friendly and professional. The interviewers came across nice and approachable. Quite enjoyed the interview process.

Employment Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Sydney) in January 2020.

Interview

It was relatively formal, they asked about myself, my work experience, motivations to leave my current role and to begin one at G+T and my notice at my current role and salary expectations for the position going forward

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin.

Interview

The interview was a relaxed informal chat, with questions on previous work experience, university studies, behavioural questions, and questions on how I'd approach a certain task as a paralegal. A lot of positive feedback throughout.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Melbourne) in September 2019.

Interview

There was a cocktail evening, coffee meeting with lawyer and 40 min interview.
    Interview was with an HR representative and a Partner
    They basically walked through my application questions and CV

Clerkship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin.

Interview

After submitting CV/Resume, invited to a clerkship networking evening. Completed two interview rounds after phone screening. These were one on one interviews with different practice group partners. There was an additional networking evening after interviews were completed before offers were announced.

Junior Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin.

Interview

Applied online through a recruitment company. Recieved a short phone call with recruitment company and progressed to an interview with G+T. Had two interviewers, no behavioural questions asked, interview process was easygoing, need to know your resume. If successful, would progress to a meet and greet event with employees at G+T.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Sydney) in May 2017.

Interview

Responses to pre interview questions and testing, from there the interview process was friendly, no unnecessary behavioural questions, casual conversation style, organic, seemed as though the interviewers genuinely wanted to get to whether I was the right cultural fit for the firm. Interview conducted by one partner and HR, only one interview. Opportunity to meet members of the firm and discuss their work as part of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your employment history and the skills that you have developed.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Gilbert + Tobin and what brings you to this firm in particular?   Answer Question

Clerkship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin.

Interview

Interviewed by 1 partner, 1 SA, 1 HR. The environment and questions were relaxed and casual. It was for 30 minutes only. I found that they did not prepare a lot of set questions, they mostly picked them from your CV.

Interview Questions

• No behavioural question. Just question about yourself, why did you apply to G + T   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Sydney).

Interview

Did not meet the partner whom this position was supposed to report to. Two nice and friendly interviewers. It took a long time to hear back from HR and the feedback was not useful.

Interview Questions

• What was an impressive deal that you were involved in?   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Sydney) in June 2016.

Interview

3 level process, 1. Recruitment agency. 2. HR Manager at office 3. Partner who working for. very fast process, got back to me very quickly and sent offer letter in record time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.