Goodgame Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Goodgame Studios Interview Questions

Interviews at Goodgame Studios

2.8

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly quick and painless, there was a lull over the holidays (as expected) but we were in constant communication otherwise. After initial discussions, took a design test followed up by a Skype interview that was quite nice. The design test could have been a bit more tailored to the job description, but I felt as if it was the right amount of work.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward and topical to the position and culture. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward, met me in the middle. I'm happy.

Senior 3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had several Skype interviews with Goodgame with various higher ups. The team was extremely pleasant, they all seem like a great crew to work along side. I interviewed from the US, so we weren't able to meet in person. The interview took 39 days total, a good bit of time was getting documentation prepared for them.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty normal, the interview was more about judging my personality fit I'm sure. They asked to go through the pipeline I'm used to, basically seeing what skills I use on projects to see if my skill set worked for them.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

Interview

Got in touch by the HR very quickly after I applied, the first interview was conducted by phone and the second one by Skype (but at the end by phone because of my Internet connection).The whole process went really well and I appreciate a lot how the interviews were conducted.

Interview Questions

• Some unexpected questions (about the job) but I think that's a good thing.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in December 2015.

Interview

Email and then 1 hour skype Call. The junior recruiting employee was unprofessional. Told me to send me test documents immediately but I had to remind it to her few days after. Then she told me that it is no hurry and that she will contact me with decision of job offer, but didn't really and just lied again. I would expect more professional behaviour from company which tries to look "cool". Wasted my prep time and interest for some time about working for this company. I would recommend to look elsewhere for more professional and polite company.

Interview Questions

• Personal presentation and work experience talk.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website and a member of HR contacted me that very same day, asking me to send him some of my certificates and diplomas. Afterwards, I took a test to prove my skills as localization tester. The test was not complicated, I had to translate a few strings of text and report some bugs.

We arranged a Skype interview one week later, with another member of HR and a member of the Localization department. They gave me some useful information, the interview itself was very smooth, I did not feel pressured at any moment and lasted a bit less than half an hour. The questions were mostly about my academic background and my interest in deciding to be a localization tester and career aspirations. I was accepted just the next day after the interview.

Communication was always smooth between HR members and I. I could tell from the job interview that the company is very professional while keeping a relaxed work environment at any time, something I appreciate a lot.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty much expected. If I had to say one, I would probably say if I had found any localization bugs in a game of the company.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)) in September 2014.

Interview

The Interview Process was perfect. I have no complaints at all. I wanted to work with them, therefore I applied on their website. I received a personal email demanding some more information about me (a motivation letter, certificates and those things). Afterwards I was asked to do a Phone interview. It lasted 30 minutes and despite the connection not being too good, the interviewer was always kind and pacient. The next step was a Skype interview with two members of the company. They were amazing people: nice and positive.
    I tried my best ever since the beginning of the application, and the effort paid off. It has been until now a perfect process, done by human beings and with a lot of empathy.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a job I did where I had a leading position. And they asked me how did I thought people felt about me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As told above. It was all done in a very relaxing and educated environment.

Goodgame Studios Response

3 Nov 2014 – Recruitment / Staff

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your positive feedback about the application process.

Indeed, we’re working hard on a personal and detailed way to get to know to our potential candidates and... More

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in June 2014.

Interview

The entire process required almost 6 weeks, from the day I was contacted for the first time, to the day I was offered the internship. I could ask any question to them, so I did, and this is why the process was a bit long at the end, but they were able to give me all the informations I wanted. I was required to provide some documents: all my diplomas, reference letters, and an updated CV. Then I was interviewed via Skype, so I could meet two people from the company, understand more about the organization, and ask other questions. The interview lasted in 30 minutes, in which I was asked to present myself and tell them about my past experiences. Also, we spoke about the role of the Community Manager and his functions inside and outside the company. What really impressed me is that the two people who interviewed me had read every single line of my CV and of my other documents. I had the feeling that they really payed attention to everything I wrote. This never happened to me before.

Interview Questions

• How would you present yourself to the community of players in the forum?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The wage was not negotiable.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

The all process has been fast, easy and friendly.
    I've been contacted by the HR a week after I've sent my CV and already had a Skype interview in one week.
    The interviewers were very nice and friendly, no pressure at all and the all talking was in English.
    The interview lasts about 40 minutes and then they have given me some questions via email to answer within an hour.

Special mention goes to their onboarding team! The girl they assigned to me has been very helpful and a wonderful guide during my first days in a new Country.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself and your previous experience in this field   1 Answer
    • What does this job means for you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a the job very fast, within 24h they contacted me again (maybe I was just very lucky !) and told me about the money.

PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on line, got the usual welcome email. They asked for referrals and other documents, after having sent them, they send a technical test: developing a post/comment system with some special requirements. After sending the test, got a rejection email.
    I replied with a request to clarify why I was rejected and point out any shortcomings and where I should improve, they declined to reply.

Interview Questions

• They asked to develop a post/comment system using php and js.   Answer Question

Lead Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in March 2015.

Interview

Week 0: Applied through their company website for lead game designer role.

Week 1: Given an online activated design test. This test runs for 8 hours non-stop and will more or less take that amount of time to complete. You'll need a full day to do it. You're given a week to give it back to them.

Week 3: E-mail Told that a restructuring was happening within the studio and told to wait.

Week 4: Got a response asking for an interview to be lined up in 1 1/2 weeks.

Week 5 1/2: 1 hour long Interview over Skype. 4 people on their end. 1 HR rep, 2 producers and 1 designer. Will predominately ask monetisation and free-to-play focused questions. Referenced my resume and not the design test.

Week 7 1/2: Given a rejection e-mail. Prying for further feedback indicated they had more experienced candidates on the table for the role.

Overall thoughts:
    Good:
    - Studio is polite and well mannered. HR in particular was well communicated and kept in touch when asked.
    - The design test is stressful but well made. Will test your abilities to write detailed documentation and think of ideas under time pressure.
    - Gave general feedback when asked. Although don't expect any specifics in relation to your application or interview.

Bad:
    - The process took far too long to come to a rejection decision. More so when considering the next bad point:
    - It was apparent during the interview that the producer that was in charge of the project being hired for was more or less uninterested in the interview and playing on his phone for the majority of the time. The vibe was given that while process and procedure was being followed for applicants, the producer probably had his candidate already decided and that my interview was just due diligence.

Summary:
    - Expect the process to take a while. 2-3 months more then likely.
    - Expect for process to follow a lot of procedure and time gaps.
    - You might be part of a bureaucratic process. You might not be. This shouldn't discourage you from applying. Just understand the nature of hiring in these large companies.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important metric for a game designer to keep in mind for a game?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.