HID Interview Questions

Updated 4 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 46 of over 46 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at HID

HID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HID

Interview

recruiter seemed really lame. sent a text message to multiple candidates. Followed up with her and she said she'd get back to schedule a formal interview. Guess what? Never did. Not a good reflection of a company that supposedly has a high glassdoor rating.

Interview Questions
  • Send your available times for an interview.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Taipei

Application

I interviewed at HID (Taipei)

Interview

There were 3 stages in my interview process. 1. - Software team lead, asking experience based on my resume. - Another senior SE, 30 minutes to use visual studio to code anything I want - Another senior SE specialized in image process, ask how do I handle conflict with others 2. - Software team lead, QA team lead, hardware team lead, asking detail of past work, demo - Product Manager and Regional manager asking about team collaboration, scrum, deadline handle. PM interviewed in English 3. - HR manager, asking behavior questions, expect salary

Interview Questions
  • 1. Past experience 2. How to handle collaboration conflicts 3. Scrum, Agile, Deadline handle

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HID (Austin, TX)

Interview

it was a phone screening with a recruiter and then a face to face interview, then a panel interview and then another face to face interview. It felt very disorganized as though the different department didnt talk to each other.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HID

Interview

Got an email asking to do an interview on short notice which I did. Came into the office and spoke with someone. They told me they basically wanted to hire people that were "like everyone else on the team." Sent a thank you note and never heard back either way. When someone comes into the office to do an interview, the least a company can do is send a rejection email.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at HID (Austin, TX) in Nov 2019

Interview

The hiring process for me was broken up into 3 phases: an over-the-phone interview, an in-person interview with the team, and a take-home assignment. Let's start from the beginning. I found the job post on LinkedIn and applied online. Two months after, I received an email from HR saying that the hiring manager would like to speak with me. A few days later I talked with the hiring manager over the phone. It was a typical phone screen. He told me about HID Global and the position, and I told him about my experience in web development and my interest in HID Global. He immediately asked me to move forward in the process and meet the team. I asked what the interview would be like. Would it include whiteboard questions? I was scheduled to meet the team three days after the phone screen. I arrived on site where they were doing back-to-back interviews. I met with the hiring manager and the other two web developers on the team. We briefly talked about my background, then the conversation quickly turned into a technical interview, including a few whiteboard questions. I have no issue with whiteboard questions, but this says one of two things about the hiring manager. The hiring manager is either disorganized or deceived me. Either explanation is unprofessional. I will provide a few examples of the questions in the Interview Questions section. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager told me he would like for me to move forward in the process by completing a take-home assignment. I was to create a band website with any JavaScript frameworks such as Angular, Vue, or React and the Spotify API. This is where things get interesting. I spent the entire week, including the weekend putting together this website for them. I went way beyond the requirements and branded the band, created a pseudo e-commerce page, custom merchandise with the logo I had created, deployed the website, and typed up a README. A week after the interview, I sent an email to the hiring manager asking how I could turn in the assignment. An hour later, I received an email from a no-reply stating they were pursuing other candidates. If this is indicative of HID Global's values, I want nothing to do with them. They intentionally wasted my time. This situation could have been avoided if they either told me at the end of the on-site interview that they were not sure if I should move forward or if they allowed me to turn in the take-home assignment. The could have been honest. I have no problem with rejection; as a junior developer, I have been turned down from many jobs. My problem is how they unprofessionally lead me on. I suspect they don't value the time of other candidates and their employees. Do not apply here.

Interview Questions
  • What is a prototype?
  • What is design pattern?
  • Tell me about your experience with Git.
  • Fizz Buzz Whiteboard Question (Google it if you have not heard of it. It is a pretty common programming task)
  • How would you create database tables for a retail store so that you can extract information about what each customer has purchased?
  • What is REGEX?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at HID (Galway) in Jun 2019

Interview

I applied online in May 2019, I've been contacted in June for the first phone interview with the direct manager. The interview went well. Two weeks later I've been invited to a second phone interview with the team and superior managers in the US. The interview went very well this time too. After one week I've had a third interview, face to face this time, with the direct manager again, HR manager, and one superior manager. The interview went very well, they looked excited and told me that I will hear back from them the following week. Never heard back from this company, it's been over one month now. I have followed up two weeks ago with the person from HR to ask for some feedback. The lady replied telling me that they didn't get to a decision yet and that I'll hear back in two weeks. Which passed, and I didn't hear back. The most frustrating thing is to not get any feedback or updates. At least they could tell me that they went ahead with another candidate, I wouldn't mind. But this lack of professionalism and respect is very disappointing! I just wasted my time and hopes with them, that's how I feel. If I ever hear from this company again I would be very doubtful, to say the least.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a little about yourself. What do you expect from this job? Are you willing to learn new processes and technologies? How would you prioritize your daily tasks?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at HID (Chennai) in Jun 2019

Interview

Initial screening call with HR, followed by phone interview with SM which was resume / experience based. In person interviews at the local office consisted of 3 rounds (1 T, 2 SKYPE), which were a mix of industry experience, skills testing, fit/personality and a case. Final phone interview with P to go over specific skills highlighted on resume and in previous conversations to demonstrate well roundedness, and depth of industry…

Interview Questions
  • What all object has been used in your application. How handsheak handled in webservice intergration. What is work flow rules. all questions based on your project and what you mentioned in resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway

Application

I interviewed at HID (Galway) in Jun 2019

Interview

Interviewed for role summer 2019 which went very well. They told me during the interview that the role was filled and I was welcome to apply for other role which I did. I Heard nothing back after 2 months. Very unprofessional and no apology, given that I took a days holiday to attend.

Interview Questions
  • What salary would you accept if we were to offer you the role and would you be prepared to work long hours during quarter end.

HID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HID in May 2019

Interview

I saw their ad for a Sales Engineer and sent in a resume/cover letter. I was contacted to have a 1:1 with the person I was led to believe would be the team manager. Had a great conversation and he said he would like me to speak with someone who is on the team. I sent a thank you email to the original person that contacted me and asked that it be forwarded on, as I didn't have the "boss's" email. Didn't hear a word for several weeks and then I was contacted wondering if I could talk to that next person, the very next day. I had a conflict so we ended up talking on the phone 2 days later. Again, had a great conversation and thought that everything was going great. Discussed next steps and thought I was going to be contacted shortly. Again, no word. After several weeks (again), I reached out to the last person I had talked to, as I did have their email. Crickets. No word. No rejection...no, "Sorry we've decided to go with another candidate". Zero. I consider companies that do this kind of thing probably lacking in formal processes. And, frankly, it's rude, boorish and disrespectful. When you take the time to research their company and take the the time to interview a couple times, then I think that someone at the company needs to take 2-minutes and respond with something. Anything. Nice to know if I'm still in the running or any kind of status. I get it, everyone is busy, but you can't be professional and send a couple of sentences thanking the candidate; but it's a no? I believe that when companies neglect the little things, it makes it easier to neglect the bigger things too. They both mentioned that currently, HID doesn't have a whole lot of competition. With their lack of attention to the minor things, that will probably change in the near future.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experiences as being a Sales Engineer
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HID (Austin, TX) in Oct 2018

Interview

This company had a one interview process. They needed someone right away. Two weeks notice could not be given. This is a red flag, people. If the reviews on Glassdoor are any indication, I dodged a bullet. Read up. They are trying to get warm bodies in the door to stop the hemorrhaging. Something smells here.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Interviews