Halyard Health Interview Questions

Updated 16 Feb 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 34 of over 34 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Halyard Health

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halyard Health (Sydney)

Interview

WARNING: Highly toxic culture, unethical & unscrupulous tactics used to intimidate candidates and steal sales tactics and competitor intel. HR are useless, incompetent and have resorted to deceiving recruiters. Be warned, they will lie about the role, incentives, commission and remuneration. They will go as far as disparaging previous employees, when it’s apparent that Management are completely to blame. Avoid at all costs.

Interview Questions
  • First interview is a standard rundown of questions regarding work history and experience. It’s the second interview, where you have ex Kimberly Clarke Management flogs interjecting with behavioural/situational interview questions, defying the interview brief and acting like GOD. The Regional Manager gets delegated to a prop and humiliated. I have never witnessed anyone so nervous and skittish. Meanwhile, candidates have to supply a “business plan” and role play in the middle of a building lobby. HR still provided wrong address and information on arrival, completely oblivious. I’m thankful l got to witness this toxic company first hand before it was too late.
    4 Answers
1 person found this interview helpful

Halyard Health

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Halyard Health

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people. They each asked questions pertaining to a specific characteristic they were looking for. It was one person at a time and once they finished they brought in the next person. They tell you to answer is STAR format.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time it was difficult to build a relationship with a team member?

Halyard Health

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halyard Health

Interview

This was a phone interview with the hiring manager and I had applied via email directly to her. I received notice of the position via my graduate program career advisor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halyard Health (Alpharetta, GA) in Jan 2018

Interview

In one word- misleading! Here’s the story. The HR recruiting coordinator conducted a phone screen for the position then another HR coordinator contacted me via email to coordinate the in-person interview with 6 staff members including the hiring manager. The first four people were brought in to ask questions in sets of two. They followed a protocol script of questions intended to be answered in STAR (situation, task, action, result) manner. The 5th person to interview also followed the STAR scripted questions. The final interviews, the hiring mgr, who ditched the script, allowed me free reign of directing the interview and asking questions regarding the position and the recent acquisition of Halyard by OMI. He assured me the new ownership was a good thing for HYH and the future was bright. I ended with asking what he thought about my chances in getting the job to which he answered the other 5 had said good things about me, some mentioned I was good candidate to be promoted, and that should I not get this position they’d be hiring for some 20-30 positions in the coming months and I’d be sure to have a position at HYH. As far as this position , he added, that I was the first in-person interview so far, but a strong one and unless another candidate comes in with the ability to speak Thai and Chinese I would get the job. He also emphasized wanting to have candidates feel that he was honest and could be trusted.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to change your behavior to achieve a goal. Explain a time when you had to learn something difficult in a short amount of time and what was the outcome. Describe a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation. Describe a time when you had gained someone’s trust when before you didn’t have it.
1 person found this interview helpful

Halyard Health

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Halyard Health

Interview

In person interview was short, went on a mini tour of the lab, but pretty straight foward questions:" tell me about yourself... prior positions ect..."the interview was held in one of the small conference rooms, lasted maybe a hour including tour

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halyard Health (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Organized, simple, thorough process. I obviously got a great feeling throughout the process and am please with my decision to I accept the offer. While the role developed into something slightly different and more involved than was originally intended, I am compensated for it and happy that they were open to expanding my role based on my abilities. Also, it's a growing company that has gone through big changes so there are bound to be some adjusting of roles as people get in and actual skills are assessed. Great decision for me!

Interview Questions
  • Basic behavioral, situational and problem solving questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halyard Health (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017

Interview

I was aware of the company due to positive news releases. Applied to job opening online. Received an email to create a phone interview with Halyard recruiter. The link in the email did not work, so I emailed some dates and times. It was confirmed and we had the interview. The first part was just basic question and answer. The interviewer's phone was going in and out, so it was difficult to hear the full questions. We got through all the resume questions and last to salary expectations and I gave my firm minimum expectation. Then the interview was abruptly cut short because they have a policy to not interview people that are not flexible. I was very surprised, but I understand about black and white policies. My advice if you really want to work there, you have to be willing to go through the whole interview process and then see if they will meet your minimum needs. My friend had warned me that they did a bait and switch on him years ago, with advertising one job and then once interviewed, offered him a lower position. He did not have a positive experience. I had hoped that the change to Halyard Health would be different experience for me.

Interview Questions
  • basic run through of your resume against the job description
2 people found this interview helpful

Halyard Health

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halyard Health in May 2017

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an on-site interview a few weeks later. I met with my manager, team leader and a few other team members. It was a typical interview process, very pleasant and professional. I applied through a recruitment agency that was very helpful.

Interview Questions
  • They asked general behavioral questions and about my software proficiencies (word, excel, solidworks, etc). It was a very pleasant interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halyard Health (Alpharetta, GA) in Mar 2017

Interview

Good interview with standard questions with three separate people. Some of the questions were not relevant to the specific roll but were more focused on DHFE creation and FMEA creation pre-product launch.

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience and CAPA QNC related projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Halyard Health (Alpharetta, GA)

Interview

Three people, one hour interview each. Behavioral questions asked by three peopke, individual one hour. Very impersonal. You don't get a feeling of the job or what they are really looking for. They miss good candidates. They need to review their interview process.

Interview Questions
  • You are so busy trying to answer each question with an example, you forget the question.
5 people found this interview helpful