Halyard Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Halyard Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Halyard Health

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halyard Health.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people. They each asked questions pertaining to a specific characteristic they were looking for. It was one person at a time and once they finished they brought in the next person. They tell you to answer is STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time it was difficult to build a relationship with a team member?   Answer Question

Graduate Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halyard Health.

Interview

This was a phone interview with the hiring manager and I had applied via email directly to her. I received notice of the position via my graduate program career advisor.

Interview Questions

• Informal background educational and research experience   Answer Question

Planning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halyard Health (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

In one word- misleading!

Here’s the story.
    The HR recruiting coordinator conducted a phone screen for the position then another HR coordinator contacted me via email to coordinate the in-person interview with 6 staff members including the hiring manager. The first four people were brought in to ask questions in sets of two. They followed a protocol script of questions intended to be answered in STAR (situation, task, action, result) manner. The 5th person to interview also followed the STAR scripted questions. The final interviews, the hiring mgr, who ditched the script, allowed me free reign of directing the interview and asking questions regarding the position and the recent acquisition of Halyard by OMI. He assured me the new ownership was a good thing for HYH and the future was bright. I ended with asking what he thought about my chances in getting the job to which he answered the other 5 had said good things about me, some mentioned I was good candidate to be promoted, and that should I not get this position they’d be hiring for some 20-30 positions in the coming months and I’d be sure to have a position at HYH. As far as this position , he added, that I was the first in-person interview so far, but a strong one and unless another candidate comes in with the ability to speak Thai and Chinese I would get the job. He also emphasized wanting to have candidates feel that he was honest and could be trusted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change your behavior to achieve a goal.

Explain a time when you had to learn something difficult in a short amount of time and what was the outcome.

Describe a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation.

Describe a time when you had gained someone’s trust when before you didn’t have it.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Halyard Health.

Interview

In person interview was short, went on a mini tour of the lab, but pretty straight foward questions:" tell me about yourself... prior positions ect..."the interview was held in one of the small conference rooms, lasted maybe a hour including tour

HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halyard Health (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Organized, simple, thorough process. I obviously got a great feeling throughout the process and am please with my decision to I accept the offer. While the role developed into something slightly different and more involved than was originally intended, I am compensated for it and happy that they were open to expanding my role based on my abilities. Also, it's a growing company that has gone through big changes so there are bound to be some adjusting of roles as people get in and actual skills are assessed. Great decision for me!

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral, situational and problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halyard Health (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was aware of the company due to positive news releases. Applied to job opening online. Received an email to create a phone interview with Halyard recruiter. The link in the email did not work, so I emailed some dates and times. It was confirmed and we had the interview. The first part was just basic question and answer. The interviewer's phone was going in and out, so it was difficult to hear the full questions. We got through all the resume questions and last to salary expectations and I gave my firm minimum expectation. Then the interview was abruptly cut short because they have a policy to not interview people that are not flexible. I was very surprised, but I understand about black and white policies. My advice if you really want to work there, you have to be willing to go through the whole interview process and then see if they will meet your minimum needs. My friend had warned me that they did a bait and switch on him years ago, with advertising one job and then once interviewed, offered him a lower position. He did not have a positive experience. I had hoped that the change to Halyard Health would be different experience for me.

Interview Questions

• basic run through of your resume against the job description   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halyard Health in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an on-site interview a few weeks later. I met with my manager, team leader and a few other team members. It was a typical interview process, very pleasant and professional. I applied through a recruitment agency that was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• They asked general behavioral questions and about my software proficiencies (word, excel, solidworks, etc). It was a very pleasant interview process.   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halyard Health (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

3 outstanding phone interviews, overwhelmed 2 employees interviewed, held outside in the sun. It was intense, overwhelming and I did not have a response for all questions however I was also overqualified. I asked about future opportunities,extremely interested and qualified, potential age issue.

Interview Questions

• What did you read/learn the past few weeks that you have implemented?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halyard Health (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Good interview with standard questions with three separate people. Some of the questions were not relevant to the specific roll but were more focused on DHFE creation and FMEA creation pre-product launch.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and CAPA QNC related projects.   1 Answer

Export Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Interview

Three people, one hour interview each. Behavioral questions asked by three peopke, individual one hour. Very impersonal. You don't get a feeling of the job or what they are really looking for. They miss good candidates. They need to review their interview process.

Interview Questions

• You are so busy trying to answer each question with an example, you forget the question.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.