Hatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Hatch Interview Questions

Interviews at Hatch

2.6

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hatch (Tampa, FL (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted via email about setting up interview time. The interview was scheduled, and at this time, I was informed there would also be a candidate assessment test, and I should expect to be there for 2 hours. When I arrived, I was told the candidate assessment test would take place first, with the interview to follow.

The candidate assessment test consisted of a ~6-7 page booklet of questions. The first couple of pages consisted of behavioral question, such as "Give an example of a time when a coworker disagreed with you. How can you learn from this situation? Would you have done anything differently?, etcc" Each question for this first part of the test contained multiple questions and you were expected to answer in detail. The second part of the test consisted of position specific questions. In my case, there were questions relating to engineering, common acronyms, codes, etc. I was also asked to solve "simple" engineering problems in this test as well. You are given 1 hour to complete all questions. You write all answers, including short answers, essays, etc., for this test on the booklet, you don't use a computer. In that hour time-frame, you are also asked to fill out a paper application.

After the assessment test, you are interviewed. I was interviewed by the manager, division leader, and HR, for a total of 3 people. They asked general questions that can be expected in an interview. They didn't really have a set list of questions to were working off from. The interviewers gave opportunities to "sell yourself" in place of asking question after question.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hatch.

Interview

Applied through summer program. Quick phone interview before they brought me in (I live pretty close to their office). Generally the interviewers (3 engineers) were pretty friendly and as a student the questions they asked were not very difficult on the technical side. Office tour and all that jazz as well when I dropped by.

Interview Questions

• What in particular about being a professional engineer appeals to you?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Buffalo, NY (US)).

Interview

Traditional, candidates are more prepared than interviewers. Circulated between members of senior staff. Filled out application form that requested salary history. The hiring decision maker was slow to decide, needed followup prompting.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall being challenged by any questions because I was working with a good job-seeking adviser at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was good - negotiation was not necessary.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Received interview through summer program. Casual atmosphere and mostly fit questions. Not many technical or engineering questions considering that I was in high school at that point and would not be able to answer them anyway - the jobs that I was eventually put on were basic research. Would recommend to younger students.

Interview Questions

• Why are you going for this internship over another one?   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for a phone interview, it went well. Then I was called for an in-person interview, which I think went well. The in-person interview was kind of panel interview with 2 directors and an HR manager asking question after questions. It lasted for maybe around 45-50 minutes with about 20-25 questions seeking my depth of knowledge about the sector. Overall, the managers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very straightforward. The questions were about details of the legal/commercial contracts---very technical.The interview questions were very straightforward. The questions were about details of the legal/commercial contracts---very technical.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

General interview process, ask about your experiences, no technical questions. Had two interviewer, a project manager and a software developer. It was through a skype call, connections were pretty bad and kept cutting off, interviewer kept apologizing.

Junior Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

First interview: Three professional engineers met me. The people were very friendly and professional, they asked me Some behavior HR questions. (e.g. what do you know about Hatch? what is your short and long term job expectations?) they asked me also easy technical questions (structural analysis problems)
    Second interview:
    They showed me a sample of their projects, again behavior questions, and more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about hatch?
      Where you will find yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch.

Interview

My interview lasted for 1 hour. I was a panel interview, mostly technical and based from the experience you wrote on your resume. As long as you can do everything on your resume you are fine.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are very technical but everything about your work experience.   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Interview

After applying for the position I got a interview, was about 30mins. They mostly asked about the work I did under my former employer. Then had a second skype interview too.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hatch (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was based on problem solving. Situations were given and we were asked to solve it. They basically test your approach and ability to solve a problem. You need to be confident and have very good communication skills. That is all they look for.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.