Hobby Lobby Co Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Hobby Lobby Co Manager Interview Questions

Updated 9 Feb 2017

2.9

Co Manager Interview

Interview

Filled an application out. Got a phone interview. I rearranged my whole day and after 15 minutes of ME asking a.bunch of questions I was told I would get a call for the next step and an in person interview...3 days later on Sunday (the lords day) I get a form email telling me basically no thanks..and don't reply to this cause no one on the other end cares. We gor a better candidate. The job is still posted and recently renewed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2016.

Interview

Only chose to go through phone interview. Initially I applied and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The morning of the interview I receive an automatic email stating they regret to inform me they will not be offering me employment at this time. Confused I forwarded that to the recruiter. She said she had no idea how that got sent to me....
    After checking out all the glass door reviews I pulled out things I thought were exaggerated like working up to 80 hours, having to work an open to close shift at least once a week, no PTO until after a year, being forced to relocate or there is no hope for promotion. When it came my turn to ask questions I confessed that I had seen some things on Glassdoor and hoped she could clear them up. Every item I brought up she verified. 65-75 hour work week except for Black Friday through mid January then it's an 80 hour work week. You are expected to work 6 days a week if your DM thinks your store is in need of it. You get one week vacation after a year and only earn 4.25 hours of PTO for every 30 days you work (capping out at 80 hours). If you can not relocate you WILL NOT be able to move up. Store managers are expected to pack up their lives and move where ever they are needed. No surprise since they act like they own you.
    Starting rate for a co-manager is $55-$65k/year with a $2500- $4000 bonus.
    There are only 2 salaried managers in most stores and you rotate Friday off/Saturday 7a-10pm every other week with Friday 7a-10pm/Saturday off. That means at peak business days you are running the store alone.

Read the reviews of the people who worked here and you can actually believe them.... if you want to know what you're getting yourself in to it's all right there.

I sent an email withdrawing my name because I love my family too much to put a company ahead of them.

It may be for some but not for me...

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? What made you interested in working at Hobby Lobby? Tell me about your work history? How many hours are you scheduled to work and how many hours do you actually work? If you're scheduled to work 40 hours are you willing to stay if your store needs it?   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

first a phone interview, where you walk them trough your experience and answer several questions about you and your previous employer. than I had an actual face to face interview where i was told all about the company, waklked the store and answered some more interview questions

Interview Questions

• 1. walk me trough your career with your last employer
      2. why did you leave that employer
      3. What are your greatest strengths
      Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

Phone interview. Lasted approx 10 min. Went over prior work history asked career goals and willingness to relocate. Was a very quick phone interview. Asked if there would be any reason not to accept offer if given. Seemed very routine for the interviewer not a lot of energy in the conversation

Interview Questions

• Are you Willing to relocate   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Basic interview processes with the exception of amount of references asked for on applications. Very nice and positive individuals interview you. However, a true day-to-day account of the job is not given. Hobby Lobby is a very successful company, but can be cruel to its employees with the work load demand...make sure you question recruiters and HR individuals thoroughly before contemplating a job with this company. Hobby Lobby processes are completely task driven, time intensive, and physically taxing to say the least. Your job becomes your life, which means the family and personal life goes to the wayside.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions...are very interested in interaction with cohorts.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Very thorough application and interview process. Applied online. Exchanged emails and phone calls, then had a phone interview followed by a lengthy and challenging (but not unfairly difficult) online assessment. It is very clearly an aggressive screening process both in terms of the difficulty of the questions and the time required to complete it (2+ hours). Then 7-10 references are required with a goal for at least 5 to respond. If they are interested in you after all that you'll have a face to face interview, background check, and official offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hobby Lobby?   3 Answers

Co-Manager Interview

Interview

It was a joke, 6 min phone call. Asked me to explain my last job then asked if I hate any questions. The answers were very vanilla. Asked about hours was told 55 per week but 65+ during Nov and Dec and had to be 6 day work weeks. Asked about comp time or bonus for working the 6th day was told no your salary.

Interview Questions

• do you have any questions for me? they didn't ask me anything I had to ask them anything I wanted to know   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Port, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (North Port, FL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

interview took place over the phone. i researched the company and felt prepared for the interview. they did in fact ask a couple questions that caught me off guard. i feel over all the iinterview went well and possibly they felt i was over qualified based on my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• what would stop me from accepting a position with them   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Interview was okay but found out after I was brought on that I was actually ready to be on-boarded 1 month earlier but was delayed so that I would not receive a partial year bonus. Told to me by my first district manager on my 3 day on the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Abilene, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and I was called back a few days later to do a phone interview. That went really well! Then I had to do a reference survey with 10 people. After that I had a VERY extensive assessment test, 5 pages long. Once this was approved, I was contacted to do a face to face interview. I have done a lot of interviews as a hiring manager myself, and I have never had an experience where an interviewer downplays his company to discourage you from being interested. He mentioned long hours, lack of technology, physical work, no home life or work balance. Normally I would think you play up the strengths of your company, but the focus I felt was more on the downside. Despite this, the interview went great until we went over the assessment scores in which the interviewer said I did great on the interview, but failed the assessment. He went on to say that there must be something wrong with me because others did better on the test than I did. To me, I felt he insinuated I was stupid and it was a humiliating experience. If I didn't do well on the assessment, why even call me in for the interview? I understand the importance of the testing, but I think it's very unprofessional to insult an applicant. As a customer I really enjoy shopping in their stores, but I have to say I was left very discouraged by this experience.

Interview Questions

• Working long hours is part of what we do. Can you work 60 to 80 hours a week and still have a balanced home and work life?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.