IHS Markit Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at IHS Markit

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2019.

Interview

the director is very nice
    the process lasts one hour
    they gave me the introduction of their team and share some experience
    the whole talk is under a very relaxed atmosphere
    it need at least two round and I only passed the first session currently

Interview Questions

• what's your career plan in 5 years?   1 Answer

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me briefly after submitting my resume to the job posting. I had a 15 minute call with the recruiter and within one day, I had an interview scheduled with two members of the team. Had a one hour virtual interview with two members of the team and was contacted one week later to move on to the second round with another team member. Completed one hour interview with another team member and then never heard from the the recruiter again. I emailed the recruiter asking for an update and never received a response to my email. It is highly unprofessional for a recruiter to just "ghost" candidates who have taken time out of their days to sit through interviews. The interviewers were very pleasant and seemed to be very nice, but the interview process was unprofessional.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

This was a cultural interview, they were very personable and laid back. They appreciated that I had researched the company before the interview. I was able to ask them a lot of questions about how they operated and what onboarding would be like.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and give us an introduction.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years in terms of job position and skills?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

COVID times - all interviews by phone.
    I talked to the recruiter first, followed by 4 calls with people from the team. They all gave me a glimpse of the job and left time for questions.
    All interviews were scheduled for 30 minutes but pretty much each one lasted an hour.
    I thought it went well, but after the last interview they went silent.
    I had to reach out to the recruiter several times, and he said they were still interviewing. I saw the job get re-posted at this time. They told me a few days later that I didn't get it - surprise.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

Interview process lasted 3 months from the initial screening to the superday to another call. It was very informative, but they were not very responsive through email and toward the end, shut down completely probably because of Corona.

Interview Questions

• What's more important to you: individual success while the team underperforms or team success while you don't necessarily shine?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Interview

Applied online. First there was a phone screen with a member of the team I was interviewing with. About a week later I was invited to NYC for a Superday. After the Superday, I was invited back to interview for another position. Up until this point everyone was super responsive but after my second interview I never heard anything despite multiple follow ups.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit (New York, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

No matter how you perform in interview rounds. If you have lesser notice period than only manager will select you.

HR is very helpful and connectable.
    Company is great.
    People are great here.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Interview

First interview was a 30 minute phone call which went more like a conversation about the company and your qualifications.

Second/Final interview was at the office and consisted of a group presentation with other candidates and then a one on one with a member of the team.

Great experience overall, everyone was incredibly nice and helpful throughout the process. The final round interview day was unique and I enjoyed it because every candidate got to demonstrate their abilities to work in teams and present in front of a group.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a PM. It was very conversational. They had given me a list of 4 questions to submit written answers to before the interview, but they wanted the interview responses to not be repeats of what I had written. Second/final round, we were given the option of going to the office or doing a video conference. This was with a Senior Analyst and the same PM from the phone interview. It was also very conversational. Much of the inteview was spent talking about my outside interests.

Interview Questions

• What do you know/what is your experience with [insert what market I was to be focused on]?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Absolutely unorganized. Please respect the candidates time! I told them I had half an hour for a specific time frame and he called 15 minutes late after I had already sent an email asking if he forgot to call. We rescheduled and 2 hours before the new date/time he sent an email saying he has a meeting and needs to reschedule to another day, so we scheduled for the following week. The same day, however, he called in the evening and asked if it was still a good time. I told him that we rescheduled for the following week and he seemed surprised and after checking his emails he confirmed. On the new scheduled day he never bothered to call. Please don’t assume candidates have no work life! Respect their time and please start getting organized!

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

The interview consisted of three 45 minute interviews with different members of the company. The interview was a Skype call and was all behavioral questions. Overall, I thought the interview was fairly easy and they left time at the end of each part to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.