Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions

Interviews at Indigo Books & Music

2.4

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Fun and friendly group interview process. Based on sharing, listening and connecting. We all enjoyed it. Hiring managers and candidates, alike. The process definitely was not what I expected but I was pleased.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

Applied for the position online and heard a response within a week. Was asked to come in for a group audition. 40+ applicants were divided into groups and asked to participate in 3 activities, being reviewed by different department managers and the GM. The whole process lasted almost 2 hours and involved a team activity, a questions section and than role playing. You need to have an outgoing personality and really speak up as you are competing for the position. It was an enjoyable experience and different from the typical, tense one on one sections.

Interview Questions

• The usual, tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation in the work place. What was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Office interview and DC walk interview explaining the operation and the role with competency based questions and open dialogue. Lasting 90 minutes. Casual yet professional approach asking very relevant and thought provoking questions.

CEM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Indigo uses an online "survey" at time of application. Designed to filter out those who might not be adaptable to using pressure selling. It appears that they are looking for people that will be easy to mold to the Indigo way of thinking, If you clear that, you are invited to a large group interview. This involves much role playing, Managers conducting this round up seem amused at putting candidates through silly games. Slightly humiliating,,,,all for a minimum wage position.

CEM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

3 interviews, online questionnaire, great conversation if you have the right interviewer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fairly enjoyable. I received notice through email first, had a group interview and then a solo interview. The hiring manager was great and friendly - an overall comfortable atmosphere to interview in.

Visual Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2009.

Interview

The process took 2 interviews from Indigo and 1 interview from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

I have never had to wear a uniform (sort of) I was expected to wear a vest every day.
    No thanks

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. Start with phone interview with HR, 2 face to face with people in the team and the VP.
    They are all super nice and easy to talk to. More conversational, no technical questions.

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

HR setup time for a phone interview and never called. I followed up couple of times and she wrote me back she 'had to go home' that day.
    rescheduled for the next one, never call back again, then I got email from her the role is currently on hold. The worst interview experience ever. not recommending anyone to work here.

Interview Questions

• never had one... first good luck getting a call from HR   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (London, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online for cash position, came in store 4 days later to drop off cover letter & resume. I got a email 3 days later from hiring manager asking me to apply online again so they can interview me. I did & booked an interview (entire process is online). I was asked in email to come ten minutes early - I did. I walked in the store, introduced myself to a floor associate, told him i have an interview. He told me to browse a certain section and wait for the manager. I'm sure associates were watching me to see how I acted (I just browsed books). She found me, took me in for the interview. She began by telling me the perks of the job, then began asking questions. She had a package to write down my answers. She said 500 people applied and she brought in 40ish for an interview. I am a highschool student with no experience - the reason I got a interview according to her was cause my cover letter was very good. Normally, associates do not accept resumes/coverletters in store, but that associate was really nice and gave the manager mine. She asked me the following questions: "tell me about yourself?", "tell me about stuff you do outside of school/work such as volunteering and sports?", "if you were the only floor associate, and there was an enormous amount of customers - what would you do?", "are you good for independent work, or team work as well?", "give me an example of when you helped someone even if they didn't ask", "give me an example when you had a difficult experience with someone and how you solved it". She may have asked me 1/ 2 more, but I can't remember. She asked me if I had any questions. I asked her how I performed in the interview, cause I was treating it as a learning experience. She said: you answered the questions extremely well etc. Throughout the interview, I could tell she really wanted to hire me, but she said she needed someone to work during the hours I would be at school. At the end she asked me which 2 of my 3 references I would prefer she contacted. I told her she could contact any. Be prepared to have 3 so that she can ask that question - if he/she doesn't, you may not be getting the second interview (she had to contact two; protocol). She said she would have another opening for me next month where she would give me a interview with the store manager, one more suited for my hours. I left feeling good, but not sure if i got the job. The next day I got an email telling me the store manager would contact me within the next few days for a 2nd interview. She ended up calling me (she was supposed to email me, but she got my email wrong). She called me on saturday, and booked the interview short-notice for sunday. I went to the interview. Same process as before, I browsed around the store, many associates smiled and said good luck (I think they liked me). She approached me a little late. I barely sat down and she said, "so why chapters?". Then she asked me what I would do if I was at cash alone, and a customer needed help at the back of the store. Then she asked me 2 more questions, in store situations. 1 of them was, if you were working cash and there was no one in line and you had nothing to do, what would you do? After 4 questions she said she was done, she said the 2nd interview was much shorter/easier. She asked me if I had any questions. Her questions took about two minutes and then the rest of the time (18 minutes or so) I had to ask questions. This was rather stressful to be honest, but i think i did okay. I must've asked atleast 6 questions off the top of my head - I didn't have too much preparation for this. I ended by thanking her for the opportunity and for considering me among all the people that applied. I asked her for her business card, she led me to the back office, (was like, "welcome to our messy office!") gave her business card, i told her have a great day and left. She told me she’ll contact me next week if I got the job (i asked), but i emailed her a thank you letter next day. It was much harder to tell if I got the job in the second interview than the first. The manager told me that the hiring manager would be the one making the decision - so I had a good chance (she seemed to like me). She emailed me a week and half later (I thought I didn’t get the job) telling me she was contacting references, then called me and gave me the job 5 days later!! For what its worth, I am a 16 (turning 17), male, pakistani descent w/brown skin - but difficult to tell. I had my hair gelled back with a comb, kind of up and to the left. I was wearing slim fit dress pants, oxfords, a belt, a shiny watch and a dress shirt to each interview. No tie, or anything excessive. Different dress shirts. This will probably be extremely helpful - and if it was, then please pay it forward by writing a thorough review yourself - it'll help everyone else just as much as this helped you.

Interview Questions

• Everything is included above, some of them were difficult, just make sure you prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. She told me pay and stuff like that in the intial interview. Its $10.25 an hour, my job becomes permanent after 3 months, and i get a raise in 6.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.