Kathmandu Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Kathmandu

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kathmandu

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kathmandu (Perth, Western Australia) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for a role with Kathmandu and received a call from HR within 1 week to set up a phone interview. The interview questions were 'clinical' as it was simply a phone screening. Having worked in HR and Recruitment for a previous company, I understood this process. The questions were straight forward and mostly centered around my background. I was also asked what my management style was and what is the most adventurous holiday I had been on. I assumed this was to see if I fit in to the company culture.

I was scheduled for a face to face interview within 2 weeks. I found the regional manager who interviewed me to be both professional and friendly. The interview felt very conversational but she did ask some challenging questions. Most were scenario based or "...tell me about a time when you did x"

I was told within 1 week that I had been identified as someone they would like to progress further with and advised there would be a background check including criminal, credit and work references.

I received my offer within about 6 working days after submitting the information from my checks.

Overall the experience was good. All up it probably took about 6 weeks from the application date to my actual start date which is coming up in 2 days time. From application to offer, probably about 4 1/2 weeks. Having worked in HR I understood the delays but for many, the process may have seemed slow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to increase the sales in your previous role. What were the circumstances and what did you do to increase sales.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to motivate your team to achieve a specific outcome.   Answer Question
    • What adventures re you planning for yourself in future, whether they are booked or not?   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes a great manager?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kathmandu.

Interview

Initial contact from HR was prompt after applications closed. Initial phone call asking questions such as quick background, why are you applying for the role, what do you hope to learn, salary expectations.
    Email confirmation received my was lacking job description and appointment details: Date + Time.
    First meeting was with a panel of position peers - interview was unstructured/informal even though HR advised it was a formal interview. Ran on time of 1 hour.
    Second contact for interview was within 2 weeks.
    Second interview was with reporting manager and HR representative - more structured and formal
    Advised decision will be made later that week.
    I had to chase HR up several times: email and voicemail to get an answer on the outcome, eventually got hold of them.
    There seems to be a disconnect between HR and the hiring manager as initial information provided did not seem to have reached the hiring manager as the same questions were asked again.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kathmandu (Sydney) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online as soon the position was opened. Got a call approx a week later asking to come in for an interview on the next day. The interview was easy and relax and last about half an hour. At the end I was told they would let me know by the end of the week, so I was expecting a phone call or at least an email addressing the outcome regardless being positive or negative.

However, it's not the case at all.

I go an awkward and irelavent email from their HR by Sunday saying" thank you for the application, unfortunately the position has been filled prior to you submitted your application, thus your application would't be considered at this time". It did not mention a word about the interview or any evidence relating to me attending the interview; it's like as if I was not even there!

Very disappointed, not because didn't get an offer, but because at least some respects could have been shown to unsuccessful candidates!

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding problem solving, difficulties ...etc.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kathmandu (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Basic questions about sales experience, outdoor know-how, and subjectives. It was a one on one interview, very relaxed and to the point. It lasted about 30-40 minutes, and I was asked to do brief 'mock sale'

Interview Questions

• Q: What's the benefit of wool as an outdoor material?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kathmandu (Melbourne) in July 2014.

Interview

1) Phone screening
    2) Interview with line manager
    3) 30-minute presentation. You are given a brief from which you have to develop a strategy and present to the interviewing panel
    4) Final interview with General Manager

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty stock-standard interview questions. Any sample interview questions guide from a recruiter (or Google it) will help you.

The hard part was the presentation. It wasn't difficult per se, but it took a lot of time to prepare as the brief included a lot of items to cover. It was almost a full marketing strategy, which as an interviewee you are a little wary of as you're offering them a lot of free professional consultation with no guarantee you'll get the job. I've done presentations for other jobs I've applied for and this was the most work. In hindsight, it is overkill for the job I applied for and ultimately got.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.