Liberty Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Liberty Global Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jan 2018

3.3

Finance Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Global.

Interview

I had applied to the finance graduate role in 2017. The first step was to fill out an application form, I then got invited to do an online video interview followed by a phone interview. The online interview consisted of three questions and was pretty easy. The phone interview was a bit more tough.

Senior Analyst, Reward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was rather quick, I was contacted by recruiter on Tuesday via LinkedIn, I had a phone call with him on Friday, and the next Monday I had the interview.

Finance Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Global (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application then a video interview followed by a telephone interview. The video and telephone interview consisted of quite normal / easy questions. Competency based questions and questions about the industry.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge facing the broadcasting and telecommunications industry?   1 Answer

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Liberty Global (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with Liberty Global. During the first interview I explained the experience I had and the skills gained in the different job roles. This part of the interview was standard, but then they asked me to develop a case study without any time to structure my response. They offered me a second opportunity to develop the case study but it was not good enough for the position. They expect you to be proficient and knowledgeable in various business areas.

Graduate Technology and Innovation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Global in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and completed online tests, then was called to complete a video interview online which was simple and consisted of 3 questions to answer. Then I had a telephone interview which lasted about 45 minutes - this was very in depth and quite difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges facing the tech industry?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2017.

Interview

One interview with the hiring manager in the headquarters of Amsterdam.
    Pay attention to the time, the welcome office is not really efficient and you might wait a lot in the lobby. The rest of the procedure was fine.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a project where your project management skills have been useful.   1 Answer
    • How your friends would describe yourself?   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked questions about my motivation and my CV. Overall my academic credentials were already known thanks to the introduction organized by the University. The interview mainly assessed my motivation about the field and availability.

Interview Questions

• How would you compose an effective Power Point presentation?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2017.

Interview

I made an online application. After one month, HR connected me for the first step. He called me and asked classical questions (CV questions). After one week, they called me for the first interview to Amsterdam office. I went there on time and waited for the hiring manager around 30 min.
    The meeting was very friendly and we talked about the vacancy. The questions were based on competency based. For the second step, he told me I would hear in 3 days. What a lie! I called and sent e-mails to HR. There was no response for a month. I got an offer from a different company and withdrew my application. At the same day, I got reject letter from HR. To speak honestly, it was one of worst experience. Just waste of my time. HR did not care YOU!

Graduate Management Scheme Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty Global.

Interview

I had only a first interview with the HR manager which took 30 min. The interviewer was really friendly and the questions pretty standard. Make sure that you show your enthusiasm and that you can be a good fit by giving examples from your background. They seem to be really picky so choose your words carefully.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your CV.
      Describe A time you showed commercial awareness.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I sent my CV and cover letter, was contacted 2 months later for an ability test and for a classical HR phone interview and then invited to an assessment center comprising of a case study to be solved in teams, a presentation of that case study, followed by questions and a series of statements about the company with which we had to agree/disagree.
    Regarding the case study which focused on the financial statements of the company and their market evolution I do recommend reading the financial chapter of the annual report, compare the balance sheet items with other similar firms, know their stock price and something about their strategy (mobile development is key for the next couple of years).
    The next day, there was a 1 to 1 interview with the Finance VP and it tested mostly my finance knowledge: classical accounting questions like 'How would you record a sale when the customer pays at the end of the month?", "What's the impact on the BS, Income Statements and P&L?" etc.

Their corporate culture seems relaxed, they offer access to a gym and a nice cafeteria, but the payment is quite low around 1700 eur/month.
    Also junior trainees are the last to choose their rotations.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Liberty Global?
      What were your responbilities at your previous internships?
      Can you tell me a situation where you had a conflict with a colleague?
      Can you give me an example of a time when you had to innovate (this question is really important).
      Finance related questions, both by the company and the market.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.