Living Spaces Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Living Spaces Interview Questions

Interviews at Living Spaces

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Living Spaces.

Interview

Interviewee is taken to either a sofa or table on the sales floor and seated. A general skills and experience review is given. They ask why you were interested in the position and how you would react to certain scenarios. Then, you are asked to roleplay the sale of the item you're seated on.

Interview Questions

• In your previous sales job, what was your average ranking?   1 Answer

Paid Search Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Living Spaces (La Mirada, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Got an email from the recruiter within 4 days, to schedule a phone screen. She was so nice and gentle plus informative. She was one of the nicest recruiter i ever met. Next was 1:1 with the hiring manager. Was really technical. But they never got back to me after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me successful campaign you executed and what were the results   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Living Spaces.

Interview

Phone call with the recruiter, which was scheduled the day before. We went over my background and work history which was pretty standard. The other half of the interview was devoted towards asking me about my knowledge of Living Spaces. I explained as much as I knew about the company, but made the unfortunate mistake of comparing them to IKEA. I was told they were absolutely nothing like IKEA except for the size of their physical stores. I was criticized for not visiting one of their stores, but was given a "half pass" because the interview was scheduled the day prior. I was told that if I was still interested in the position, I had to do more research on the company and to call the recruiter back. I called her back but she seemed disinterested at that point. Besides asking me about my work history, I was never asked about my programming experience.

Interior Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Roseville, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

First, I was contacted via email, where I had to answer some questions like: How did I become aware of Living Spaces, what draws me to Retail or Furniture Industry and what excites me about this opportunity. After that, we had a phone interview and we spoke about the role and the company and I was asked about my previous experiences. Next was an interview through Webex, with 5 people, I understood that they normally go strait to in person interview, I was asked about potential situations and how would I solve/perform them. I don't remember the exact timing but it was fairly short time between these interviews. At the end I got a phone call and an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you become aware of Living Spaces?   1 Answer
    • What excites you about this opportunity?   1 Answer
    • And couple of general questions like tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Living Spaces.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to group interview/informational session.
    About an hour, HR manager and store manager met with us and gave presentation on the company. Benefits and culture sound great. Gave us opportunity to ask questions and learn and then gave us a store tour. Said that they would be in touch with us individually with next steps. All of us had applied for store manager positions but they were looking to fill several openings.
    In my case, I didn't have a background in retail so they wanted me for e-commerce at corporate. Told me openings would be approved in Jan (the following month).
    I kept in touch with the recruiter who was great - but unfortunately none of the openings have been a match for my experience and skillset yet.

DSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Van Nuys, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied for the position on Workday. I waited 3 weeks and no one got back to me. I had to have my manager reach out to set up the appointment. It took me an hour and a half to get there, however I arrived at the location on time I was made to wait over 45 minutes. The Sales Manager finally came out and apologized saying they were in a meeting.

Having gone through the interview process from another location I was given constructive feedback why I didn’t get the position and was told to talk about how I would be an asset to the position and not focus on my sales.

I went into the interview with that in mind and never once brought up the subject of sales.

I never heard back from anyone and was told by my manager I didn’t get the position because all I talked about was my sales. Never did, so they lied.

We were supposed to set up a conference call the following week so I could ask why they said what they said. Of course that never happened.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an employee who doesn’t know you and how would you get them to trust and accept you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Irvine, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was quick, yet full of knowledge. I got walked around the store with the manager interviewing me, asked to sell something to her and then went in for a second interview with GM.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Living Spaces.

Interview

Applied through their job fair at a hotel. Interviewed once, received a call for offer and had to come back to sign paper works. Training lasted about 3 months before the store opened

Sales Associate/Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Living Spaces (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I met with the general manager and he was very friendly and welcoming. They value excellent customer service and while giving me a tour of the new store he greeted every guest. Seems like a fun environment to be part of. The interview questions were pretty general.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle criticism?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to do tasks outside of your normal responsibilities and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you offered great customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Gilbert, AZ (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I interviewed for a job here and the interviewing manager was very aggressive and on the attack from the beginning telling me about how concerned he was that I wouldn’t take the job seriously or not. The interview went fine until we talked about holidays and weekends off. He stated that Sunday’s were mandatory, which I have no problems with, and he asked if that would be a problem. I told him that I would like to go to church on Sundays and if I could have my schedule before hand so I can make it work, then I wouldn’t have a problem with it. He said that a lot of “Mormons” apply to work here and he can’t work around their church schedule. I asked when the shift start times were for Sunday and he said that it doesn’t matter because he won’t work around any church schedule. I told him that my church started early and if I could make it to part of church before my shift then I would work it out. His body language and ton of voice became hostile and argumentative after I said that and he said, “I’m going to say no for now.” And that was it. The timing of the “decision,” his body language, tone of voice, and overall attitude told me everything I needed to know. I made the mistake of telling him what religion I belonged to and then he closed off because of an unknown prejudice towards my church. I’ve never felt so attacked or offended after a job interview. We are a heavily LDS community and his obvious prejudice against The Church should stop people of the faith to stop shopping there. I’m posting this review in multiple locations so I can make sure this is out there and all the “Mormons” that can’t get hired also shouldn’t shop there. Super disappointed with how that went.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.