MapR Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

MapR Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at MapR Technologies

3.1

Senior Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone interviewed with a recruiter who didn’t even know what she was asking! She doesn’t have any background knowledge of my field and gave comments without trying to understand. I feel lack of respect and she is definitely unprofessional. Also, she didn’t introduce the company or the position and she even didn’t give me any chance to ask a question! Be prepared to talk to someone is careless and avoid it if you can!

Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and fast moving. Meetings were scheduled immediately and the MapR team was always in contact and collaborated well throughout the process. They were also readily available and happy to talk through questions about MapR's culture, benefits and any other items that were of interest to me.

Interview Questions

• Past sales performance was important as well as talking through your sales process.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Interview with HR, Interview with Hiring Manager, a call back from HR letting me know they will be scheduling next steps soon. 2 weeks later, no word. Very unprofessional.

They are certainly an older company in terms of work force. They don't seem to have the will power to compete against Cloudera or Hortonworks as they claim they are "the only converged platform". Overall, they are trying to IPO and or be bought out - not trying to grow a business, trying to sell the underlying tech.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me. The phone screening went well. I had an onsite interview the following week. They asked me to come back for another onsite. This is the first time I met with the recruiter. I felt like I was being interrogated in a police station. It was very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe the product development release process   1 Answer
    • Describe Agile vs. Waterfall   1 Answer
    • What tools have you used for bug tracking, program management   1 Answer

Knowledge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen by hiring manager. Followed by HR phone interview within a couple days. Then onsite interview within a few days. Clear communication from all company personnel on next steps and what to expect next - I appreciated this the most.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational interview for process and program management situations and skills review.
      Some technical questions about experience in Sys-admin in Linux platforms - intention behind these questions was to ensure comfort and basic tech skills needed for knowledge articles curation / validation.

Interesting situations were around "Best practices in how to populate the KB with value added articles", "How to keep the KB fresh", and how to get over the what's in it for me questions that Support engineers are often posed with. Also, how KB process integrates with Communities.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Straightforward - start with recruiter, then meet with manager of inside sales, then the VP of inside sales, then a role-play discovery call with both the manager of sales and vp of sales

Interview Questions

• What is your prospecting methodology?   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MapR Technologies.

Interview

Hackerrank exercise and onsite interview with 4 people. Only one whiteboard question. The interviewer asked question with 25 minutes left and the question was not well formed. Seemed like the requirements kept changing as you asked more questions. I only had time to tell the approach. Apart from this interviewer, everyone else were very good.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MapR Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

I had applied through campus career fair, I got a preliminary test and after clearing that, I was invited for a phone interview which went well but sadly got a reject

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a phonescreen interview with the hiring manager, followed by a "take-home" coding problem which took a couple hours to complete. Then had an onsite interview with 3 engineers, another manager, lunch with the recruiter, and very brief chat with the hiring manager again.

Interview Questions

• Three of the interviewers asked (very similar) open-ended design questions, closely related to the position I was interviewing for, where they kept adding or changing details of the question to probe how I thought about it. The last interviewer asked a reasonably simple C++ programming whiteboard question.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and we talked through my background to see if I met the basic qualifications. Week later I was invited for face to face interviews. Seems like a good company and I enjoyed my conversations but things took a long time and I received another offer that I felt good about.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of MapR   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.