Meta Android Developer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 55 of over 8,532.0 interviews

Employee Referral4%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Interview question - find 3 integers in the array that add up to a target value given in the function. Solve it in linear time and brute force solution is not enough to pass the test
    Answer Question

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Positive, great if prepared for more than one year. Also, this is impacted by the pandemic, the online interview experience may differ from the in-person ones. The accent of the interviewer could also be an issue.

Interview Questions
  • Q: When closing an app on Android, what is happening in the backend?

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

I was reached by a recruiter for Android Developer and this was my second time going through the interview process. The first call was with an amazing recruiter and explained the process and we schedule the first screening interview. The interviewer was very difficult to understand, and with a bad attitude, he went directly to the coding problem, which I was kind of able to explain, but once I started writing the code, I was able to fully explain my approach. After that interview, the recruiter told me that I will go through a follow-up interview, same style just different coding problem. I was able to solve both problems and explain them. After that, the recruiter told me that they will not continue with my candidacy. I honestly don't understand why this was the result. Last year, my screening interview coding problem was a bit more difficult to solve and I made it to the onsite. This time, I solve all problems and got denied. Facebook, should tell the interviewer to engage more with candidates, honestly they just answer your call and give you a problem. Overall, I don't feel bad that I was rejected but I wish Facebook train their interviewer for a better experience.

Interview Questions
  • 2 screening interviews which both were medium LeetCode questions.
2 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meta in Jul 2020

Interview

With the news that FB was opening up to remote positions, I decided to finally respond to one of the FB recruiters I was seeing in my email every other month. We set me up for a phone screening 3 weeks down the line with the expectation that I should study up for it.

Interview Questions
  • Given n representing a range44 of numbers 1 through n and one of those numbers is bad. Find the bad number.

Meta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The standard onsite gauntlet that FAANG companies are famous for! 2+ coding rounds, design/architecture, and a behavioral. I did better in some parts than others, but overall, i thought everything question was fair. There was no 'gotchas' or totally unexpected questions. I was most impressed in working with the Facebook recruiter. He was VERY organized, prompt, kept me in the loop, and overall very helpful in informing me what to expect and how to prep for the interview. Even after the on-site, during the hiring decision, he kept me informed of what was going on every step of the way. It felt like Facebook had a very well-defined recruiting process unlike some of the smaller startups.

Interview Questions
  • You know, the standard coding question with a naive solution of O(n^2) that can be solved in O(n) using more memory :P
4 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meta in Feb 2020

Interview

I interviewed for London team. Firstly I've received message from Linkedin, the recrutier asked me to select available date for me from the calendar he sent and I interviewed with the recrutier by telephone. He called me from Singopure. We talked about 20 mins. He talked me about interviews processes, what they expected from this role. He asked me what I've done before, what am i currently working and what is my role in the company. Finally he asked me to select time between 1 with 4 weeks in order to prepare to the coding interview. I choosed 3 weeks and he sent me the materials about preparing to the interview. In the coding interview, he asked me 3 android and 1 cs question. This process took 45 mins.

Interview Questions
  • Main Thread Services AsyncTask and implement SortedIterated class /* There is input array [ [2,3,0,5,6,2] [1,4,5] [4,6,9,2,1] ] */ class SortedIterated { SortedIterated(List<List<Integer>>); int next(); // returns item with respectively e.g. 0,1,1,2,2,2,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,9 boolean hasNext(); }
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Sep 2019

Interview

After a short phone call with the recruiter that asked about my previous work I had remote interview of 45 minutes The interview included some basic Android questions that any Android developer should know and one leetcode java question Overall they were very nice, I thought the interview went well but I didn't pass

Interview Questions
  • given an array of numbers and a sum k find if there is a continuous numbers that sum to k

Meta

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meta in Feb 2019

Interview

I have applied through a recruiter. The Initial phone screen interview was for 45 min. Used codepad session during the interview process. After introduction, asked some Android related questions. Followed by algorithmic questions.

Interview Questions
  • What happens in between clicking an app icon and app is launched?
  • What is a AndroidManifest file?
  • What is a service?
  • How do you determine if arrays elements are monotonic or not? Ex: {1,2,3,4} - true {4,3,2,1} - true {1,3,3,4} - true {4,5,3,1} - false
  • Given a binary tree, return all paths from leaf to root
11 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meta in Dec 2018

Interview

Quick introductions. Interviewer asked "what would be your approach API call for low reception". And also if you update textview with background API call, would it be thread safe or not?

Interview Questions
  • There is two series, One is input another is to sort order; input = "abc145bac" order_str = "abc" Sort the input based on order on "order_str" Example input = "abc145bac" order_str = "abc" Expected result : "aabbcc145"
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta (Beijing, Beijing) in Dec 2018

Interview

The recruiter contacted me 1 month before the interview. There is 1 telephone review, 4 rounds on-site review, include 2 algorithm interviews, 1 behavior interview, and 1 app design interview.

Interview Questions
  • Given a list of prices for a given stock ordered by date, find the maximum profit you can make by buying and selling stocks.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Interviews