RSM Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 17 Oct 2017

2.3

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Baltimore, MD (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting website. I got an interview about 2 weeks later. I attended a pre interview reception on campus the night before the interview and met various members of the team. I heard back for a round 2 interview the Monday following the Friday interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Omaha, NE (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview was on campus interview then they bring you in for an in office interview with 2 partners. During 2nd interview, the partners were very impressed with me and said that I will be a good fit for the company. However, I did not get an offer. The decline offer is also very generic one, hope it was more personal.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

there was one phone interview. after the phone interview, there will be one on site interview. it was with three to four interviewers. You got about 20 to 30 mins with each of the interviewers.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RSM (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Phone interview. Met with a number of employees during in person interview to learn more about the position and company. Enjoyed their flexibility and willingness to explain the process. I enjoyed this interview.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview with a senior manager and a partner. There is no difficult technical questions. Mostly talking about your past experience and why choose RSM. very laid back interview and the office tour was great.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

I applied through my university and I got a on campus interview with a audit partner. He didn't ask many questions. It looked liked he didn't wanna be in here. I had interview after lunch break so maybe he was really sleepy after lunch.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. After passing phone interview invited to interview with 3 different people at the Irvine office. Interview lasted approx 30 min per person. interviewers want to see how you are as a person because they will be working long hours with you. be sure to sound passionate about position you applied for and emphasize you could work long hours during tax season. I interviewed with a sr and two managers. No technical accounting question asked. Have a list of questions you could ask them to show interest.

Interview Questions

• why tax? Why accounting? What classes did you like? Some questions were behavior.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Very relaxed and laid back interview. 30 min interview with manager, then 30 min interview with partner. Most questions are behavioral questions. Nothing too serious.The partner and manager both really want to see if you are a fit for the company work environment and clients.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term plans?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

I had applied through my school's career center and had met the firm through the school's Career Fair. I hit it off with the recruiter and a manager there and eventually was notified they wanted me for an interview. The interview was about 30 minutes where the manager and I talked about accounting as a whole and he even gave me advice about future interviews. The second interview is from about 9am-2pm. I had back to back hour interviews with a partner then had lunch with with current associates.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a pretty laid back interview. Did not ask much "interview" type of questions. It was mostly a conversation to get know your personality better. I met with a partner and a senior manager and both conversations were really friendly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.