SMEC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

SMEC Interview Questions

Interviews at SMEC

3.6

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at SMEC (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

They used to asked fully related to your belonging branch.But they select very few students as from my 9 students were selected for interview but only one got selected for job .

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMEC (Brisbane) in March 2019.

Interview

2 stages of interviews in total:

1) Initial phone call interview with PR
    2) Face-to-face interview with the department head

All the staffs are quick friendly and the questions are pretty standard. Just make sure to do some research on the company before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions with leadership, company core values, management, etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMEC.

Interview

Straightforward questions expected of any interview e.g. why do you want to work here, goals (short and long term), how would you do things differently, how do you deal with conflict in a team environment etc

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an experience with a difficult stakeholder?   Answer Question

Funds Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMEC (Melbourne).

Interview

Selected from contractor pool of an recruitment agent . Consultant for this role interviewed via phone for about 45 mins and selected for interview . Interviewed by two managers from SMEC.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work as contractor ?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMEC (Sydney) in November 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview from HR to match my CV with the requirements they were looking for and then an interview was set-up. Expected salary was asked for at this stage
    Technical interview with two other engineers with no personality quizzes etc. Basically they wanted to meet me, find out about my background and my interests in the position. Technical questions were designed to see my problem solving skills and sound out my technical background. It was informal and relaxed, took about an hour. Salary was also discussed.
    Feedback on the outcome of the interview was given quickly and a start date was set. Paperwork was smooth and day one hit the ground running.

Divisional GM Human Resources South Asia Middle East Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMEC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

1:1 Exhaustive and had to explain each role I had worked on in my life. Had to explain what value I would bring to the role and why SMEC? Skills and Commitment were discussed and I succeeded.

Interview Questions

• Will you go through Psychometric Test?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SMEC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Getting Interview call without recommendation isn't easy. Brace yourself for technical round. HR round is a formality where they discuss salary. You may have to wait for weeks/months to get a response on your interview. Be persistent and don't give up. You must be strong in engineering fundamentals to pass the interview if applying for technical position.

Interview Questions

• technical engineering questions, formulas and design methods   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMEC (Sydney) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted as a single interview with the Sydney Transport manager and HR manager. It was a very casual and relaxed interview, much more of a chat then formal question / answer session. They in particular wanted to understand my goals; I think they have issues with people wanting seniority but not wanting to develop technical experience.

Interview Questions

• My ambitions and career goals; in particular did I want to remain technical or advance to management   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMEC (Sydney) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was thorough and professional, which included a first interview with a follow up interview a week later. The panel was overall very pleasant which made it a comfortable environment and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What were my thoughts on B2B companies using social media   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.