Scientific Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Scientific Games Interview Questions

Interviews at Scientific Games

2.7

Product Compliance Interview

Interview

Interviewed with the manager. An hour of hypothetical questions and about what I would do in certain situations. Everything seemed very positive. Then the zinger question about why I would take a job "lower" than my experience. It seemed like that anyone "overqualified" will not be hired under any circumstances- even though qualified personnel may be hard to find.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Games.

Interview

first round technical exam
    second round TR F2F
    third round HR
    overall nice interview but hard luck .

recruiters are looking for both subject knowledge and logical knowledge
    overall nice experience

prepare well and all the best

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find broken links in selenium   1 Answer

Associate Math Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scientific Games.

Interview

Phone interview with general screen questions. Why work here, what sort of experience, use of math models. Had a hard time connecting with the interviewer as she seemed less than interested.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I took an a 30 min - 1 hour test. Then had a regular interview. The regular interview consisted of your typical get to know you question and then they asked more technical questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Write out a bubble sort alogorithm in pseudocode or whatever language is prefer.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied to the position on Indeed and received an email to establish a phone screen a couple days later. The phone screen was pleasant and brief and, upon identifying a good fit, found myself waiting for a follow-up email to set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview went very well and it was an apparent good fit for the position for both parties. I sent my follow-up thank you emails and received an offer a week later! Very excited to begin working with this awesome company and team!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The people at this company were curt and unfriendly during the whole process - which was surprising as their offered salary is so low. Generally low paying jobs need to try harder with culture or benefits. The process was also very slow. About a week between each step.

The process started with a curt non-technical HR person. Followed by a basic technical background phone interview - again curt and transactional. This was followed by a 'leetcode' test - which comprised of 2 pretty basic tests and a medium-challenge test. Overall it was pretty simple.

The in-person interview was more like an interrogation. 2 groups of 5 developers surrounded me in a small room and lobbed random poorly worded questions off the top of their head. The first group made an effort to be friendly. The second were dry-faced, humorless, and clearly resented being there - making for an uncomfortable interrogation.

Neither of these groups seemed to have any experience with conducting interviews and really had no business doing them.

I was not offered a tour of the studio or any part of it, shown any projects they're working on, or welcomed in any way other than being ushered into a ugly conference room. Overall, this whole process revealed a lot about the company's disgruntled and resentful culture as is reflected in many of the reviews here.

I would not apply to this company again and I'd suggest anyone thinking about it look at other options unless you're really grasping for bottom-of-the-bucket jobs.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scientific Games (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They were very eager to start the process. Multiple interviews were scheduled and it went well. After the final interview, i was told that they were happy and would get back soon. I waited for a month and no response. So i stopped following up and moved. Couple of months later I get calls from the Director apologizing for being tardy and expressing utmost interest in giving me the offer. They finally gave the offer and follow up processes began for the onboarding. Two weeks later they come back saying that the immigration team has an issue hiring someone who needs visa sponsorship and they had to withdraw the offer. How can they not know the actual requirements before hiring ? This is the classic example of people not showing respect to the candidates after wasting so much of time and energy despite being their need to hire me. I have no words to describe the experience and I wouldn't wish this upon my enemies either.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Games.

Interview

First step was a phone call interview. After thatI got a coding challenge. Lastly there was an in-person interview. Overall it went fine. I was nervous at first because I'm awkward. I was open and honest about being nervous and the person on the line was cool with it and helped me calm down and gather myself.

Interview Questions

• What are the principles of Object-Oriented Programming?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Reno, NV (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with Scientific Games, first had an hour long phone screen, then interviewed for about 90 minutes on site. A couple weeks later I was told I would be offered a position in a matter of days. I had two other offers at the time but decided to wait for Scientific Games and ultimately ended up passing on the other two.

More than a week passes and no offer paper work, I call and am told the following Monday. I wait, still no offer. I wait some more and call, again I'm told the coming week I will be sent the paper work. No offer arrives and here I am over a month later, two months after first interviewing, and three separate times I've been told I will be getting paper work in a matter of days followed by total silence.

All this time later it is clear that they had no intention of offering me the position but were totally fine stringing me along indefinitely. Use caution in dealing with Scientific Games, they clearly have no qualms in telling you anything to keep you waiting and then just totally ghost you.

Interview Questions

• A number of short answer questions about OOP, computer architecture, threads, OS topics, etc. Two programming questions, insert a node into and delete a node from a linked list.   Answer Question

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Not sure what they actually looking for. Basically they are introducing their company and asking do I have any questions. I still don't sure what kind of role they prefer at the end. They shut me down pretty quickly tho.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.