Sky Zone Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jan 2016

1.4

Cashier/Court Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Moorestown, NJ (US)).

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got in called in for an interview for the following day, I arrived at the interview 30 minutes early , when I get there there were several other being interviewed which made me a little nervous but overall the interview was very easy, I got hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• why do you think they call customers guest not clients ?   Answer Question
    • recall a problem you came into at your last job ( if you had one ) & how did you solve it   Answer Question

Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Raleigh, NC (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Very, Very informal. I came in for two face-to-face interviews, one with the owner and another one with the owner and a manager. The first interview was basically a tour of the facility and the owner telling me how they operate, what she's looking for and asking general questions about me and my background. The second interview was slightly more formal, but very conversational. I sat down with a manager and the owner and basically answered the same questions again. It took about a week and a half of following up to get in touch with the owner and have her make an offer and felt a little unorganized.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Zone.

Interview

I showed up 20 minutes early for my interview. As he ran over with the applicant before me, he started loudly complaining that his next applicant hadn't shown up and was obviously very unprofessional. When I came up and shook his hand he tried to play it off as if he had been talking about people from earlier in the day. Strike. After my interview he told me he wanted to schedule a second interview. However, he only had one time slot and it was during my job. I offered to interview via Skype or FaceTime, but told him that as a professional I was not willing to flake out on even a job I was leaving. He seemed impressed but never got back to me. After ignoring two of my follow up emails I called him. He basically blew me off saying he hadn't heard back from the regional manager yet and would call me very soon with my time slot. Two days passed before I emailed him again. This time I got a response informing me they had filled the position. To tell a candidate that you're very impressed with them and that you want to schedule a second interview only to blow them off without a shred of communication is as unprofessional as it gets. Bad-mouthing people you've never met to other strangers whom you may potentially be hiring to work for you is even worse. The man who conducted this interview was visibly exhausted and overtly jaded with the entire process. Regardless, he is being paid to put on a smile, ask the questions that need to be answered and to always conduct himself properly. Thank god I didn't blow off my job for a chance to work with such a child!

GM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Mishawaka, IN (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very low key...many 1/2 truths and other down right lies! The owners acted one way when I was a prospect and another after I accepted the offer. The hours were told to me as "working a ton" at the beginning which ended up being 70+ per week and took my hourly wage down to $14 an hour..AS THE GM!!!!

Interview Questions

• If you were in a store and your favorite song came on, what would you do?   Answer Question

Court Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Met with the Manager and then the GM. Reviewed schooling and resume. FOCUS ON YOUR EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES. If you are a fun and energetic person, you will stand out from others trying to apply.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? What do you do outside of school?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sky Zone in July 2015.

Interview

No interview given, this is surprisingly common for this branch of the company, was hired on the spot and told to come in for orentation on Thursday, orentation was a waste of time read from a book about what skyline was all about the whole process took about 5hrs

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cutler Bay, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Cutler Bay, FL (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was welcoming and successful, I had got asked for a 2ND interview right on the spot because of my resume. It was great because it all happen so quickly but smooth!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Sky Zone   1 Answer

Party Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Dayton, OH (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I didn't have one. I received a call to come in for unspecified reasons, I assumed an interview. When I got there, the manager that "interviewed" was dressed in sweatpants and a zip-up hoodie and had her hair pulled up in a bun. She basically approached me with papers and told me, "Well, you got the job. I'm assuming you want it or else you wouldn't have applied. Bring these back to my office when you're done filling them out." Really? I'm sorry, but that is just totally unprofessional and quite tacky. If I were the CEO of Sky Zone, I wouldn't want my managers representing the franchises in that manor.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky Zone.

Interview

The interview was not hard at all. I applied online and in about two hours I got a message from the manager to come in for an interview the following week. I prepared myself for this interview thinking i was going to be drilled with questions but i was not. The interview was too easy they asked me what was my favorite color and other childish things. I know they want to be creative but they do not hire people with some skill the company as a whole will be skill less.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite color?   1 Answer
    • What type of animal would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • What sports teams do you like?   1 Answer

Event Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky Zone in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through a job site. I was called about the job about a week later and asked to come in for an interview the next day. I had the interview in Mid-Nov and still haven't heard anything back yet. I called about the job to follow up about a week ago and they said they are still hiring and that they were still really interested in me. Been almost a month and haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.