Spark New Zealand Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Spark New Zealand

3.1

Telephone Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in February 2020.

Interview

First interview was a panel that includes the Regional and National Sales Lead. Then if you get short listed, they'll invite you for a psychometric test. The third interview was more of them letting me know they'll get me, the reason behind their decision and more details of the role. They also discussed to me the result of my psychometric test which is very helpful for myself -- knowing where can I improve and my greatest strength.

Tip: Research VERY WELL about the company.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in February 2020.

Interview

First, the interviewee have technical interview online or on the phone with a contractor of Spark. Second, have Face to face interview with Spark person. This seems to be the final process. Still waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• How to improve relationship with final customer?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was with a senior manager who had been with the company for 10 years and described the changing nature of the telco industry and wanted to check adaptability and ability to lead

Interview Questions

• General questions and ability to work in an evolving industry and company   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand in January 2019.

Interview

I have applied through an employee referral program. Within a day they contacted me by telephone and told me to come to their store. They didn't send a confirmation email, which I felt bad.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in November 2018.

Interview

First interview with HR. A person from HR asked the typical question, nothing technical. Second interview with hiring manager. A couple of question about experience, few technical questions related to the job position.

Communication Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in December 2017.

Interview

Had 2 interviews with managers.
    It was very casual interview. 1st was at the head quarter and the 2nd was at the cafe.
    The interviews weren't bad. Obviously they only focused on whether I was able to communicate with customers in a professional way. However, the contract process afterwards took a quite a long time as the headquarter were closed when I started.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

Written questions which was up against to time. Too many tricky questions. Group interview, judgemental and very tricky questions. Attitude was pretty appalling. Long process for every steps and big gaps, second interview, and then reference check, vigorous and lengthy. waited too long before hear about the fact that I been offered.

SOC Junior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in August 2017.

Interview

Asked lots of questions about situational security.
    For me I think about 30 questions I have answered verbally.
    You will get to interview by 3 persons from Level 1 to 3.
    Level 3 asked me lots of questions but Level 1 that supposed hiring, rarely comment on anything.

Interview Questions

• What you did to protect yourselves/customer/friend from cyber attack?   Answer Question

Customer Service Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in June 2017.

Interview

this process was very lengthy and stressful only to be told by the recruitment agency that Spark 'has decided to hire internally - for all 10 positions available'.

Time total: a month
    Process:
    - Typing test (through their recruitment agency)
    - 30 min phone interview (through their recruitment agency)
    - Online chat simulation test - 20 minutes (through their recruitment agency)
    - Chat simulation self reflection questions – over an hour to complete (through their recruitment agency)
    - Fill out police and credit check information
    - 30 minute phone interview with Spark
    - Have my references be called by their agency
    - Phoned over a week later to be told start dates etc are being pushed back but they are happy with my application
    -Phones two days later by recruitment agency (not Spark themselves) to be told I missed out because they decided to hire internally.

Warning to all those external applicants for Spark as you may be required to be involved in a lengthy process only to have had 0% chance of getting the job in the first place

Interview Questions

• Heavily focused on feedback
      Eg: Describe your favourite manager and a manager you didn't like.
      What sort of feedback do you prefer?
      How do you handle feedback?
      Name a time you did something wrong; how did you learn from it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spark New Zealand.

Interview

-Invited for an interview with the team lead and hiring manager
    -Waited for feedback
    -Feedback received that I passed and needs character references
    -Feedback received another interview and then job offer

Both the team lead and hiring manager were good and approachable people.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.