Sumo Salad Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Sumo Salad

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sumo Salad

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sumo Salad (Melbourne) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was very easy. Basically met the owner of the store and ran her through my experience in the F&B industry. A training session will then be conducted and if you do well and the manager recommends you, you get hired and paid for the training. If not, you get a free salad.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Salad (Melbourne) in November 2017.

Interview

Easy - basic questions getting to know me and my skills, as well as how I would fit in not having any previous hospitality experience. Also spoke about the different shift roles and how I would approach problems.

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sumo Salad (Brisbane) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a very simple interview that only went for 5 minutes before they asked me to come in a couple days later for a trial shift. Overall a very easy job and has great training!

Salad Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sumo Salad (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Short and straight to the point. The franchise was opening in Singapore for the first time and they needed people. Franchise owner was friendly and amiable, open to suggestions and willing to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• Previous experiences in the F&B industry and how will you apply that to the job.   Answer Question

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Salad (Melbourne) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online via their website. Received a call from the manager a few weeks later asking for my availability and what time I could come in for an interview.

1-on-1 interview took around 30 minutes close by to their store. They would debrief you a little on what the company is about and some of the tasks you will do as an employee. Questions may be tough if you aren't prepared, but these questions are taken off from a sheet they have with them. They are mainly focused on finding out whether you are capable of customer service, able to socialize and get along with other workers, what you know about the company, past experience and maybe try stump you with some "describe your strengths and weaknesses" questions.

Whilst conducting the interview, manger showed some detachment when listening to the interviewee; they would look in the distance whenever you answered easily but would stare at you whenever it was a question you found tough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sumo Salad (Sydney) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal interview at nearby table in foodcourt, The interviewer seemed very laid back and unprepared for the interview. It was okay but I was never contacted for a followup. You should probably try and be confident and brush on customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service experience?
      When are you available?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Interview

Got a response one day after application. Interview was quick and short. Interviewer was hard to understand and quick to judge. Asked simple questions, mostly behavioral questions. In my personal experience, the interviewer was fussy.

Interview Questions

• Are you outgoing or shy when around your friends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chadstone

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sumo Salad (Chadstone) in January 2015.

Interview

easy, basic questions, no prep needed except an outline of when you are available. Go in with a good attitude and you'll most likely get it. It's simply about showing up and showing you are able to keep a positive attitude and conversation.

Interview Questions

• Q how many hours are you able to work and when   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sumo Salad (Sydney) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy and straight-forward. Mostly they want to know you are a sociable person with good work ethic. If your availability fits to what they are hiring for, they'll put you on for a trial shift (a few hours) that is paid and the manager will debrief you based on how you did.

Interview Questions

• Availability, previous experience, what you're planning to do (career, study) and how Sumo Salad fits into that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sumo Salad (Melbourne) in March 2014.

Interview

Saw ad and called was told to show up for a 1 on 1 interview. There was another girl there and we both were interviewed about school, work availability, etc. Got a call the same day

Interview Questions

• What do you do? How long will you be in Australia? How many hours can you work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No offer to negotiate

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.