Sunglass Hut Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Sunglass Hut Interview Questions

Interviews at Sunglass Hut

2.2

Store Associate Interview

Interview

It was about 10 minutes and was simple. I was asked about different scenarios that may happen in a job situation. I was also asked about times in the past where I encountered relevant experiences.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Interview

It was easy because I was already working as a sales associate. Hiring process is very fast and easy, get done with all paper work in a couple of days.

Sales Interview

Interview

easy interview didnt ask much besides your job history and how you can benefit the company through skills and how your sales skills are, overall pretty easy and one step interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunglass Hut (Brea, CA (US)).

Interview

Really sad about this interview process. Walked in store to inquire about if they were hiring and i got set up with an interview on the spot. The store manager of this location was AMAZING! He was so sweet, seemed to care a lot about his employees and was really looking forward to working at this location, I even met some of the staff and they seemed awesome and really exciting people to work with.After the interview i was informed I would be doing a second interview with a different store manager from a different location which was totally fine. When I got to the second interview, the manager who was suppose to be interviewing me was a whole 45 minutes late, which sucked because they were aware I had work that day and scheduled my interview according to my work time. The interview was actually a group interview of me and another person. It was very evident that she did not like me from the very start, every time she asked me a question and I answered she would not respond, but when she asked the other person a question her eyes would light up and talk to him for an entire 5 minutes about his experience. Every time I spoke she had this scrunched up, clearly upset face that honestly made me so uncomfortable and nervous to purposely make it seem like she really did not like me. At the end of the interview she shook the other mans hand and said it was a pleasure meeting him and then looked at me and said goodbye. I think what really got her upset was I mentioned that this would be a second job, which the original store manager was totally cool with and explained that most people work two jobs at this location, but when she asked about it, it was clear it rubbed her the wrong way. I honestly wanted to go home that day because I felt so ridiculed and embarrassed and was so confused because my first interview was great! She said she would contact me within 48 hours and I never got a call. I wish I got an explanation of why I wasn't hired because I felt I said and expressed myself really professionally, and was just overall confused.I am rating this a neutral experience because the store manager at the location I applied to was awesome but the second interviewer was totally unprofessional and a really bad representation of the company.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sunglass Hut (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple, nothing difficult. The store manager was very friendly and easy going. I showed up 10 mins beforehand and the interview took a maximum of 20 mins. It was casual but still very informative and I got scenario type questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to sell sunglasses of a different brand to a customer who is set on buying a particular brand? Tell me about yourself. Do you know what brand loyalty is?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunglass Hut.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to schedule an interview within a day. Met with store manager later that week, who was really friendly and easy to talk to; we mostly just discussed my relevant experience (spoiler alert: not much) and what the requirements of the job were, as well as technical details like pay, hours, and availability. The person who hired me at least seemed to be just trying to get a general vibe off of me, and was less concerned about experience-level than whether I seemed like the type of person who could fit into the store environment/sales team. Got a call three days later offering me the job--no other rounds of interviews or tests involved. I accepted, passed a background check, and started training the next week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your other interests? What are your favorite brands? What kind of skills do you think are important for a job like this? What problems do you anticipate encountering in a shift, and how would you respond? And, probably the MOST important to think about in advance and have an answer for: Do you have any questions for me about the job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunglass Hut.

Interview

The process went by fairly slowly. I applied for one location around mid April, and then two other locations around early May when I did not hear back from the April location. One of the May locations got back to me within a week and a half. I scheduled an interview, came in, interviewed, and she gave me the job on site! About 5 days after I got that location's offer, my first location got back to me (about a month and a half later), but it was too late at that point.

In terms of the interview, they were pretty hard and intensive behavioral questions; however, my manager was super chill and understanding, so she made the process awesome!

Interview Questions

• Sell me these glasses.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you held an important responsibility.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you made a great personal connection with a customer.   Answer Question
    • If you can do anything different, what would it be? What did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Amazon Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunglass Hut (Elgin, IL (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I got a call after I applied online and he sent me an email with more paperwork. After I completed the paper work I got a call to come in for a interview. It was Quick and straight forward. The interviewer was clear and I did not have any issues during the process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunglass Hut (Montclair, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

My manager was the same age as me and we attend the same college so the interview was very easy going, since we had a lot in common. Just be yourself and be enthusiastic!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at sunglass hut?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunglass Hut (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I only had one interview and it was with the Store Manager. She was very kind and wanted me to feel as comfortable as possible. We interviewed mainly in the back room and then she had me to a role play on the sales floor with her. I had to pretend as if she was a customer and keep up conversation with her. Overall the interview was pretty good and really easy.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.