Verifone Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Verifone Interview Questions

Interviews at Verifone

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

1. HR interview
    2. Technical Interview with Principal Software Engineer of the Team

HR interview was good, basic!
    This was the worst technical interview I've ever had. The interviewer was very rude, asked questions very rudely and was always discouraging about my answers. I would never ever interview here! He could not even tell me about his own team, what he works on or what so ever! I prefer waiting on my other interview calls than waste my time here! Also, they ghost you for about a month after HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      If you have worked in real time operating system
      what is multi threading
      what is inheritance and polymorphism   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

Interview process is regressive. you must know everything you put down on your resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tough

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

1st interview was on the phone and I had another two interviews in the office. It was kind of slow process. ...................................1st interview was on the phone and I had another two interviews in the office. It was kind of slow process.

Interview Questions

• some basic question about java and DB, maybe you will be asked to solve some algorithms question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by 4 people in a row for a contracting position for 2 hours, half an hour each.

Asked about my overall experience and where I would see myself in future. (AI or Cloud Computing or Robotics or something else).

Very friendly interaction by all of them.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Data Structures and algorithms to solve the problems listed. Sorting a list and which sorting I would use and why. Searching for an element, same reasoning as to which one and why?

Lots of questions regarding servlets, jsps.

Later Restful Web Services, OAuth.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verifone (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Contacted Verifone thru linkedin.
    First round was HR phone screen.
    Second round was tech phone screen.
    Third round was 3 rounds of onsite tech interview.

Got contacted by HR multiple times after applied, because of the holidays and scheduling issues, they seems to be expanding very rapidly in Chicago, during the interview, you get to meet a lot of chilled out skilled with 10 15 years under their belt. This is a team thats concurrently developing with multiple technologies. Very good pay for fresh graduates.

Interview Questions

• C++ advanced topics, r-value reference, pimpl idiom, smart pointers, koenig lookup, bits of boost library, bits of STL datastructures, OS basics, some leetcode easy algorithm problem, 1 medium leetcode algorithm, 1 leetcode hard.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Several rounds. Technical, Platform specific, Personality, workplace common sense. You will have a large breadth of questions, but not too in depth. If you are new, then you will be in for a rough time getting hired, but anyone with experience should find it pretty average in difficulty.

Interview Questions

• You are working on a task that is very important and you are just about to get a breakthrough, your teammate will be blocked if you don't finish it by the end of the day. That very same day your manager says he needs you to do something, what should you do?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Email and phone interview with a recruiter, two hour in-person interview with hiring manager and one other manager. Overall very pleasant and direct. All questions were straightforward and related to either specific skills necessary for the job or personal practices on social media. Although I felt the interview went really well, I received my rejection letter one day after the in-person interview. I reached out to the recruiter for feedback (or contact information of the hiring manager) and received a generic response.

Interview Questions

• In support of an upcoming major trade show, you are asked to create a Social Media plan around a 10-question consumer market research study commissioned by Verifone.
      List some high level tactics you might use to promote the results of the study.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview with recruiter. It was mainly behavioral. I did not make it to the second round. Probably because the recruiter seemed pretty clueless about my background. I work in Management Consulting at a F500 firm and my title is Consultant. For some reason she thought I was a contractor. I clarified, but I don't know if that was enough to mitigate her cluelessness.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter basically just asked me about my background. She was downright clueless though. I work at a management consulting firm, so my job title is Consultant. She thought I was a contractor. She said this position at Verifone is a full time position. I countered stating that my current job is a full time salaried position. It's also pretty evident if you read my resume as well. She was just clueless. I was not passed on to a second round. I think I judged a bullet.   Answer Question

Mid Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter seemed distracted and was not familiar with the specifics about the job. Seemed I'll prepared. When I asked about benefits and salary they would not discuss . I asked questions regarding work life balance, culture and management style, these seemed to stump them as well. Seems they were going thru the motions and reading from a s riptide not expecting follow up questions from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic question pertaining to my skill set and exprience   1 Answer
    • Willing to travel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to ask for other salary components because the base pay was lower then asked for

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Very technical . Was asked to demonstrate practices and theories relating to the job I was applying for. Met with three different people during the process and they all seemed distracted and not happy with the company, almost as if they were trying to tell me something but not really saying . This was a key factor in why I declined the offer/

Interview Questions

• Standard questions re experience, previous employers, goals etc   Answer Question

Wasn't convinced this was a good place to work

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.