Village Cinemas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Village Cinemas

2.4

Customer Service Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Village Cinemas (Melbourne) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online for casual customer service provider online. I, then, received an email for an online video interview within two days of applying.

Around 10 days after the video interview, I got an invitation for a group assessment. You can pick the timeslot for the group assessment that suits your time. A lot of candidates came into the group assessment, and we were told that there were over 700 candidates for the group assessment stage. During the group interview, we were divided into groups and were given a few questions and scenarios to play with. After the group interview, everyone was called in individually for a 1:1 interview.

You'll get an email in a week or so about your result.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Street (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Village Cinemas (Chapel Street (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying via the Village website I received an email telling me i had a group interview for which i had to book into a time slot to attend. There were about 15-20 people interviewing for the position most of whom were dressed fairly smartly. We were sat in a U configuration with about 6 interviewers sitting facing us in the middle. They told us a bit about the company and then introduced themselves. One by one we introduced ourselves, said a little something about us and then said our favorite movie. next we chatted with the person next to us and then had to introduce them to the rest of the room. finally we were split into 4 groups and given a scenario we were supposed to solve together. we could present to everyone in whatever form we chose but i think the interviews were mostly concerned with how we behaved with our groups as we were discussing problem solving solutions. that was the end of the group part of the interview and we were all told to wait outside as they interviewers brought us in one at a time to have a one on one interview. the final interview was pretty relaxed and we had an opportunity at the end to ask any questions we might have had.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Gate

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Village Cinemas (Fountain Gate) in October 2012.

Interview

The process initiated with a group interview of about 30 people in a relaxed environment. We were to fill out forms and get to know others on our tables. We were then asked to answer questions to the group (such as your favourite film), and then produce a roleplay of a certain situation that could possibly happen at the Cinemas.

Then there were 1 on 1 interviews with managers, where we were asked to make a Combo from a food order and go over the general interview questions.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Village Cinemas (Melbourne) in February 2012.

Interview

Very simple basic one on one interview.
    The manager was friendly and down to earth, and the interview was quite informal. They didn't mind that I didn't have any customer service experience. The whole process when for about 30 minutes. The interview was conducted just at the cinema location that I was applying for.

Casual Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Gate

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Village Cinemas (Fountain Gate) in May 2016.

Interview

It began with group exercises and then went onto 1-1 interviews with the managers. The group exercises were broken down into 2 different scenarios and we had to present as a group. The one on one just asked about prior experience and we had to answer a few questions.

Interview Questions

• What's your favourite movie?   1 Answer

Casual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Village Cinemas (Melbourne) in August 2018.

Interview

1. Group Interview. Introduction, favourite movie, role-play
    2. 1-1 Interview. 15mins pp. case scenario (choose 1 out of 4), availability, many questions: what does teamwork mean to you, past work experiences and roles.

Team Member Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hobart CBD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Village Cinemas (Hobart CBD) in February 2017.

Interview

After filling out an online application (which involved several questions, regarding experience in previous workplaces, etc) I received a phone call about a week later saying my application was successful and I was interviewed at the Hobart site (TAS) with a Manager and Site Manager. Both were very friendly and approachable. They wanted to know a bit about me, my past work experiences and reasons for applying for the job. Having a background in retail and hospitality will definitely help out in securing a position. I dressed rather smartly in black but some of the other candidates, I saw waiting seemed to be more casually dressed (And they were also given positions).

Hospitality Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Village Cinemas (Melbourne) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and was successful to move on to a group interview of around 20 people. It lasted around 2 hours, with the first hour spent on introductions, group activities and role plays, and the last hour spent on one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.