WMS Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at WMS Gaming

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with mostly product people to see if I was a fit. There were several rounds starting with a phone screen with the HR lady and then an engineer.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle conflict between product and development teams and how would I work to diffuse the situation.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Third-party recruiter presented me to HR followed by phone interview with VP; the VP phone interview was followed by in-office visit with interview team of five people that include senior executives. Finally met with met with the CEO for about 30 minutes. The offer came six weeks after the process started.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal work environment? What do you know about this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate.

Sound Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I met with the Audio Director who gave me a tour of the facilities and interviewed me both 1:1 and on a conference call with 3 other Sound personnel. He also gave me an introduction to their philosophy of sound as it pertains to the gaming industry.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my experience with specific sound software and recording sessions.   Answer Question
    • What were two things outside of the classroom material you took away from each school you studied at?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview

It went smooth .It was a phone interview. asked about previous experience as well. more general questions.
    pretty good experience. Interviewer seemed nice too.
    asked basic TESTING questions. this position was for contracting.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Waukegan, IL (US)).

Interview

Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him

Interview Questions

• What one word describes you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked - they gave

Interview

I met with the group of engineers I would be working with, my supervisor, and his immediate boss. I was shown the facilities by an hr person, which were very impressive. The campus is very spread out so make sure to get very detailed directions on where to report, otherwise you may end up being late.

Interview Questions

• I had to review a mechanical drawing and point out any issues   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview

Relaxed

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Waukegan, IL (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The phone interview had to be rescheduled due to illness, but they never sent me a new interview date until I reminded them to do so. The actual interview was roughly 5 minutes long after I drove 3 hours to get there, and they never sent me an email regarding my being denied the position. I sent a follow up email and got no response. Completely unorganized and ridiculous process.

Senior Staff Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I met this group through a job fair and discussed the position and my qualifications at length.
    The phone interview was with 2 people who worked on the team and involved standard interview questions and a few questions about creativity.
    The second step was a skill test that involved creativity questions about various games and a probability question that involved some basic programming.

Interview Questions

• They said I got the Probability question wrong so double check your work.   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of a number of behavioral type questions including greatest strengths and weaknesses. They were mainly concerned with creativity level and approach to analytical problems. Clearly they were looking for previous work experience in the gaming industry, or an industrial type setting. A high GPA (>3.0) was key for getting the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to use your leadership skills to overcome a problem in a team setting? What was the problem, what actions did you take, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.