WestJet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

WestJet Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jul 2017

2.9

Customer Service Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process was not very professional. The interviewers ended up bickering with each other. A full out gossip fest. I was not impressed. They were very confusing and kept wanting me to submit different answers for the same questions. Trying to show favoritism between the two. I would suggest that they correlate and make sure that the interviewers are in sync with each other before they start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to make a citizen's arrest??   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Hello it was great to go through the interview came into Westjet for a face to face. . I said I spoke A second language in "learning" the interviewer wrote down my level. Now should I be successful. What kind of second language questions they ask? Just want to be best prepared for that phone call.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online on January 11th, did not get short listed until Monday May 29. Got an email invitation for F2F interview on June 7th. Brought a photocopy of valid passport, updated resume and did a height test. The interview took about 30 mins. I had was told that if I would receive an email within a week or two about whether or not that I have passed. I was also told that if I had failed then I can re-apply after 6 months. The interviewer let me down as she asked if I had questions at the end and immediately stood up when I was going to ask. Later I checked online about the status and it stated "unsuccessful at this time" as the result. Although I did not pass, but I am satisfied with this interview experience. Be confident in yourself and think your answers through and importantly don't be nervous. I wish you all good luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WestJet? What inspired you to choose WestJet? Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what was the result? A time when you disagreed with your coworker and how was the dispute solved? What challenges do you think you will face if you were successfully to become a cabin crew member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked to attend a group interviewing event at the WJ headquarters. When I arrived they asked to see a copy of my passport, as well as what my second language was. Then I had to do a reach test. Afterwards, I sat and waited for about 20 mins until my name was called to go do my one-on-one interview. The interviewer, Mary, was extremely pleasant and helpful. Overall, the interviewing process, while it may have appeared intimidating from afar, was quite concise and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a difficult colleague and how did you resolve the issue   Answer Question
    • Have you ever gone above and beyond for your work   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent (CSA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Regina, SK (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied with WestJet approximately four weeks before receiving an email to attend a recruitment event in a couple of weeks. The event lasted for four hours and was very well organized and put together.

A group of WestJetters introduced themselves and helped everyone to feel welcome and at ease. They spoke of the companies history and passion for creating amazing guest experiences before breaking the group of about fifteen people into smaller groups for team building exercises and scenarios.

One-by-one, candidates were invited out of the room for a brief face-to-face interview with a member of the WestJet team. My interview was very conversational and the interviewer appreciated that I came prepared with notes and questions.

The event concluded with an explanation of the benefit program and perks that WestJet offers as well as a public speaking exercise.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for a position with WestJet?   Answer Question
    • If we called your previous boss today, what would they list as your greatest strengths and areas for development?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Some co-workers are a joy to be around. Others are not. Tell us about a difficult co-worker, how you handled the situation, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet in June 2017.

Interview

They contact you by email and give you the date of the interview. First, there are some group activities, they explain the process and give more info about the company. While you are doing the activities with the group, they will call you for a private interview.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on February 10, 2017, didn't get anything back until last Thursday May 25. Got an invitation for an interview on May 30 9 am by email. Brought my passport, updated resume and did height test. Then one on one interview. Took about 20 minutes. I was told I will get the result by the end of this week, if I didn't pass, I could apply again after 6 months. If I passed it, they will let me know the next step. The next training class will be in July or August. I got email at 2 pm the same day saying that I need to do the background check and also provide references. Don't be nervous and be prepared for all the interview questions. Good luck everyone!

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I filled out an application online and received a phone call from HR within a few days. After my initial HR screening, I was called back and invited to Calgary for an in-person interview. I was set up to meet with multiple people from analyst to VP. I really enjoyed the mix of people I got to speak with and chat about the job with. My HR recruiter was by far the best part of the entire experience - he was super supportive and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• I had prepared for difficult questions, but they were relatively easy. I also had to take a paper test and an Excel skills test. Nothing tricky or unexpected.   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 4/10/2017 and received an invitation to interview by email on 5/5/2017. The interview was at WestJet Learning Center on Airport Road on 5/11/5017. I first needed to register myself along with a copy of my valid passport and updated resume, and did height test, then one on one interview. I was told that I would receive an email within 3 weeks if I passed. It's been a week and I have not heard from them.......fingers cross!! Is there anyone who attended the interview on 5/11/2017???

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WestJet?
      What did you do to prepare for this interview?
      Tell me about your resume?
      What is your strength and weakness?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Why should we hire you out of all the candidates?
      What would you do if you had a disruptive passenger?   Answer Question

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Interview

Applied online and didn't hear back for awhile, then about a month or so later I got an email saying they'd be doing phone interviews the next day and which number was best to reach me at. They called me the next day and we had a 5-10 minute phone interview where they asked basic questions like "are you eligible to work in canada?" etc. then asked two behavioral questions which were "describe a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker and how you handled the situation" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer". at the end of the phone call they asked me to come in to their learning centre and do a one-on-one interview as well as some team building exercises with other applicants. When I showed up it was very casual environment and all the other applicants were very friendly. I had a quick one-on-one interview where they asked me a few more behavioral based questions and also why I want to work for westjet, as well as why they should hire me. Then the team building exercises were essentially ice breakers where we got to know each other better. After that they told us more about the position and the benefits package for employees. Overall a very casual and friendly environment. Couldn't have asked for a better interview process. Just had the interview recently so still awaiting a response.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.