World Vision USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

World Vision USA Interview Questions

Interviews at World Vision USA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Vision USA.

Interview

It was a great experience. Interviewed with a panel, and then the process took about 3 weeks, but it was an amazing experience and the questions where also not to hard.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Vision USA.

Interview

I applied online and they were able to email me back after several weeks. I had to go through two rounds of interview. Both were done by phone since I did not live near the location of the company. For the first one, I was able to interview with a recruiter. This interview consists mostly of question about things on resume. After the interview was over, she told me she would get back to me in a couple of weeks if there was a position that matched my skills and interests. For my second interview, I was able to interview with my potential manager. Most of this interview was about my working style and a couple of questions about my experiences on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't really that difficult. Most of them were pretty generic, about your weaknesses and strengths etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at World Vision USA.

Interview

1-2 phone interviews (since most applicants are from various locations across the US). First phone interview is conducted with recruiter. Second round of phone interviews is conducted with the manager/team that the intern would potentially work under. Sometimes an applicant will be interviewed by multiple departments to find the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions regarding work experience and interests (in order to determine if intern is qualified and find best fit for department that the internship would be under).   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at World Vision USA (Federal Way, WA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Submission of application to search firm, followed by initial conversation with search firm principal who provides position overview and supporting documentation of the role. Next step was phone interview with search firm to determine fit for role and guage mutual interest. Candidates then are narrowed to short list. Short list is interviewed via a video-taped session (1:1 by search firm). This video is viewed by the panel and that is narrowed to 1 individual they select to bring in for in-person interviews. If that person is successful, they hire them. If not, they go back to the short list and try again.

Interview Questions

• The interview for video consisted of 1 hour overview of work history/experience.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Vision USA (Federal Way, WA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and was called within a few weeks to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was just standard prequalification questions. Within a week or so, I was called to schedule the next step of the interview process. This step lasted a few hours and was a great opportunity to get to know the department manager and hear more about the position. The next step was a group interview and a little daunting because it was a big group and not knowing what to expect, but after 15 minutes or so, I relaxed a bit and enjoyed getting to know the interviewers. Each step of the way I could feel the strong Christian emphasis, but wasn't required to pray for the group during the interview or anything like that. Typical process with each step, right up to the job offer. The onboarding process was an online system called Red Carpet, if I remeber correctly, and was a little bit confusing at first but I liked it when all requiremeets were completed.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at World Vision USA in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview a couple of weeks later. The recruiter who called me was very nice. I interviewed at the Federal Way headquarters and got a chance to tour the visitor center before my interview to learn more about the company. I would recommend that to anyone who is thinking of working there. I interviewed with a recruiter as well as the department lead. All in all, the interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't ask me anything out of the ordinary. I knew they were going to ask me about my faith in Jesus which would have thrown me off initially. But I knew they were going to ask it so I was prepared.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at World Vision USA in January 2017.

Interview

A very lengthy five step interview process where you are interviewed by the recruiter, hr, position manager, team, and then finally a skills test. They are extremely thorough and want to have the best possible fit.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at World Vision USA (Federal Way, WA (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

I had an initial interview with HR and then had 3 additional interviews before I got the job. Interview questions lead me to believe that there was going to be travel and the job would be a very fun and relaxed environment - (none of which were true in teh end)

Interview Questions

• Can you raise $100,000 in on year.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations available.

Senior Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at World Vision USA.

Interview

Applied for position online. Got an email for a phone interview with the recruiter. A week later went in to the office to Skype interview with hiring manager. A week later met with hiring manager and panel interivew with team. Everyone I met with was really nice. Had a great experience. Wish things would have turned in my favor.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic. Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at World Vision USA (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I think I interviewed with something like 17 people before it was all said and done. Nearly all were panel interviews and many of the questions repeated themselves. This grew annoying and I wondered whether they communicated with one another when setting up the questions and receiving the answers. I believe there has been work to improve this situation, but they still like lots of buy in on hires so numerous panel interviews seem to be standard.

Interview Questions

• WV can always be counted on to ask questions about your faith and how it informs your work and life. These are reasonable questions for a Christian organization, but as an organization that claims to embrace the breadth of Christianity from Eastern Orthodox to Evangelical, it still has a very strong evangelical feel which can be off putting for some.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.