I worked at Demonware full-time
- lots of vacation time, 5 week plus bonus xmas days
- flexible hours
- full kitchen eg. salad bar, deli meats, breakfast things
- provides a great environment for interns and people starting out their career
- no real direction
- management are in positions that they have no experience in
- tech debt that keeps growing and really follow things through before moving to the next shiny thing
- decision makers are selected based on time worked at company and connections to management. The right people are not selected which causes support to be challenging
- ask questions about turn-over and direction as some teams are better than others and their managers are better suited for their jobs which make the experience much better
- get clear understanding about crunch time hours so you are aware that some longs days(months) will require longer hours
Advice to Management
Do more to keep everyone other than managers happy. Too many people have left Demonware that were not heard and were not happy. When the underlying issues is the same, management is probably to blame.
One online coding test and One phone call interview. The second interview will ask you a list of technical question, Their main focus is C++, SQL, linux command. I think the question is not super hard, but it is better for you to prep for it.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –